Just curious as to what type of musicians we have out there.

Im a metalhead myself :D

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

I am a turntablist.

i like to play/create:

hip hop, jazz, drum and bass, ambient, funk, crunk, rock and roll.
I've played the piano since I was about 3 years old (so my mother said - I remember beginning at about 5), I studied classical piano through college. I attended Westminster Choir College, although I did not finish there. I've played for many different community theaters and school musicals, but I don't for the most part listen to that stuff for my own benefit.
I enjoy choral music quite a lot, if it is done well. My favorite choirs are Anuna and Chanticleer. I also enjoy the music of Jacques Brel, Sondheim, Prokofiev, Mahler, and a good bit of seriously early music. But honestly, there is far too much music out there that I love to really answer this question.
As a general rule of thumb, I think it is safe to say that most of the music I enjoy does not require electricity to produce.
Mostly blues, primal rock/R&B, some Jazz, some folk & country.
passion is for the 'classic & traditional' country music i grew up listening to.... drop by my site http://www.alwaysblue.ca
I mostly play punk. Guitar and vocals. Pre-1990 in style. It's just sort of something I fell into as a teenager and it's something I'm still into now.

I also play lots of folk. Improving my fingerpicking and all that.

I think a lot of why I was attracted to these styles in particular is because they're great for actually conveying a message to the listener. And while I think punk especially has sort of lost its way in that regard (the ideology of punk has gotten so homogenized that, while atheism is a part of it, I don't see a lot of critical thinking leading to it so much as I see it just sort of being the cultural norm for punks), I like to think there's still some potential for it as a vital art form that can get more people actually thinking about the stuff they believe in.
I'm very rock and a bit folk, and most of my older material is somewhat lame love ballads. Nowadays I also really enjoy a lot of anime and J-pop type music, "melodic" metal like Nightwish, and any rock group that uses flutes and/or violins (Captain Tractor - learn to love them!).

I also have a soft spot for film songs, like corny Disney musicals and stuff - I can't help it, I wanted to be a filmmaker, so that's just the kind of thing I wrote when I was younger ^_^;;;
Rockabilly!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo commented on Loren Miller's blog post Priests and Pedestals
19 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked Loren Miller's blog post Priests and Pedestals
31 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Randall Smith's blog post How Not To Die
41 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Randall Smith's blog post How Not To Die
46 minutes ago
Joan Denoo added a discussion to the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Smart Dog posted songs
3 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Michael Penn's discussion My Grandson Was Murdered January 10th
3 hours ago
Plinius replied to Michael Penn's discussion My Grandson Was Murdered January 10th
3 hours ago

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service