Hi, I'm Andrew.

I'm a 3rd year PhD student.

My project concerns artificial reefs: particularly the marine life associated with offshore oil and gas platforms in the North Sea.

I'm also investigating food webs around a small artificial reef system, in comparison with those around a nearby natural reef.

Obviously there are other areas of biology that I find fascinating.

I have a blog, on which I try to write articles about biology, amongst my rants and ravings about religion.

Views: 172

Replies to This Discussion

Greetings All,
I'm an associate professor of biology--teaching primarily human anatomy, comparative vertebrate anatomy, and histology at California State Univ., Stanislaus. My research, when I have time, is in vertebrate paleobiology. I'm also president of a local skeptics group (Stanislaus Skeptics--we have an A|N page, but we're currently more active on FB).
Hi all. Not sure if there is much activity on this site but I thought I would give it a shot anyway!

Currently in my first year of PhD (marine microbial ecology). Things that make me laugh out loud: PhD comics, xkcd comics, PZ's blog, and other witty things.

My interests include microbial ecology of polar oceans, biology of extreme climates, exobiology/astrobiology, science fiction, astronomy, particle physics, and in general anything "sciencey".

I enjoy evolving with other people! Hope we can have good discussions.
Hi Folks,
I am a prof at KSU, posted out in a midwest Kansas Research Station. I do research in agricultural entomology (crop protection), but I also do a lot of 'hobby' research in evolutionary biology that really has nothing to do with agriculture - tenure can be liberating, that way :) Like theorizing on the evolution of insect life histories and behavioral ecology. Thanks to the internet and my work as a journal editor, I have research collaborations with entomologists in many other countries including China, Iran, Belgium Czech Republic and Mexico. Right now I am working on a monograph on the evolution of cannibalism behavior in insects, among other things. Biology rules!
Does being a veterinarian with more than a superficial interest in evolution qualify me for acceptance into this august group of biologists?

I am interested in propagating scientific and biological knowledge to the general public, specifically the youth, to pique their interests in pursuing knowledge for themselves instead of believing the gospel truths being passed down the educational pipeline.

If there is another forum designated for this on the Atheist Nexus, I'm sure someone here will let me know.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service