welcome, take a moment to introduce yourselves
we will get the ball rolling on actual topics in a wee bit

i go by msnomer71 on the youtubez but please feel free to call me meredith, i am atheist and a post-modern feminist.
i think this group has a lot of potential.

Tags: introductions, post-modern feminist, welcome

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all - my name is Mai, and I am both feminist and atheist and proud of it. It's great to be among like minded folks, and I look forward to community with you.
Hiya! I'm Joy - I'm an atheist and a non-mom. I'm married and have a dog and a cat. I'm in my 40s and happy to be this age.

It's really great to finally find a group of atheists to interact within. Really. It's such a relief. Sometimes I feel like I must be the one who is crazy - Like I am the only one who can't see the hidden picture. As if they find a pattern that I don't see, but they are all seeing something a little different from each other. But, honestly, they are seeing a picture that just isn't there.
Hello everyone! Lori S. here. I recently joined the Nexus but have been active in atheist communities for most of this year (organizer of the Meetup group "Heathens Do it Better"). See my page for my bio and interests. Looking forward to meeting, networking, and making new friends. :-)
Hello, my name is Tiffany and I reside in S.E Louisiana. I have been a supporter of female equality for several years now, as well as I am a non-theist. For other interests about me, feel free to check out my profile.
Hi I'm an atheist, humanist and a skeptic. I'm 39, married, and have no kids. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Hi my name is Dianne. I am a 41 year old empty nester, both kids graduated and in college/on their own. Had my babies young. I have been an atheist since I was 15. I grew up in a few different countries and saw first hand the diversities yet strong similarities in all religions. It was the similarities combined with each religion's insistence that their religion was the "true religion" that really opened my eyes. The hypocracy of teaching humanly love as long as that person was in your religion is just wrong. I joined Atheist Nexus this past December and I am just starting to get around and I really like what I see, especially this wonderful group of free-thinking women.
Hi there. I'm a web developer and all around geek (though not as übur-geek as I'd like). I am curious to find out if women tend to have a different perspective on being an atheist. I go by katylava on just about every social network out there.
Hello ladies! My name is Jennifer (but I prefer to go by Jen), I am a mother to one, and a blue star wife (spousal unit is currently training up for a deployment to Iraq). I live in Iowa where I am currently plotting a return to my Aerospace Engineering degree (and I am a total geek/nerd and love it) so I can return to my dream career of being a Rocket Scientist. In the mean time I work for a group of friends in Des Moines. I identify as an atheist, freethinker, and quiet feminist (although that part is getting louder), and I always love to meet new people!
Hello everyone,
I'm married, mother to four beautiful daughters, and a homeschooling SAHM. I've just recently started dipping my toes in feminism. My part of Texas is extremely religious and pro-bibled based gender roles. I'm trying to counteract it with my daughters, first by educating myself, and just from what I've read so far, this group is going to be a huge help.
Hi – I’m Deborah: I am 29, married, no kids. I live in So. California. I am an Auditor for the State of CA, and have an educational/professional background in accounting and finance. I am interested in politics and current events (news junkie). I am also a podcast junkie. I am on the computer more than I read, but wish I did read more. I want to be more involved in the atheist movement - But, I find the everyday chores of working full-time, the commute, dealing with elderly parents, and just "life" seems to get in the way. I wish for even just one of the churches I pass everyday was instead a place to hang out with other atheists... But to go to a meeting or atheist group is not that convenient. I think once the "movement" learns how to better fit into people's lifestyles, particularly women, progress will be made.
Hi, I am Sky. I live on a farm in Oregon with my partner. Don't have kids, but I seem to always be feeding or caring for teenagers that find their way here. I have always been an athiest, living generally in rural, very conservative areas. I have studied anthropology but retired at 30 to become a farmer. (now I work harder than ever!)
Hi everyone. My real name is Donell,but most folks call me Daci.
On line,I'm Daci,Goz/Gozzin, Waterrat...I'm queer as a 3 dollar bill, never had an interest in males. I have two house rabbits, who I guess you'd say are my fur kids. (The avatar here is one of them). And yeah,I guess you'd call me a flaming atheist.Oh,and before i forget,yeah,I'm, a feminist also.
I love art and just won a Linux art contest and got a nice memory stick for my Linux box as a prize.
I'm in the SCA and play the hammer dulcimer and am learning the mandolin.

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service