The Rule

8. Religious proselytizing is an automatic ban.

The Reason

There are a number of reasons for this. First, and most important is safty. Many religions have pronounced stiff penalties for apostasy and many religious followers have bent their will toward harming the non-religious as a matter of course. Because we want Atheist Nexus to be a place where people feel safe enough to let their guard down and just relax among like-minded people, we do not allow religious people to create accounts here.

Also, it's just another kind of spam. We don't allow spam here as per rule #9

The Action

Religious proselytizers are banned from the site.

Views: 1062

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A lot of your categorization there seems a bit off.  How does the Terasem Movement involve axiological moral doctrines?  I mean, I guess there's a value being placed on longevity and the continuity of the self beyond our organic forms, and maaaaaybe you could call it a moral issue, in the broadest sense of the word.  I guess my broader objection is classifying Terasem as a religion.

So, according to that idea, we should work on ways to transcend our brief mortality, as much as we're able.  Great.  Trans-humanism.  Sign me up.  Why would there be a problem with talking about that sort of stuff on here?

I'm not sure I get Syntheism.  What's the point of it being a thing?  I perused the Wikipedia article, and I'm afraid I couldn't get much of a grasp upon what the originators of the idea were trying to do with it.

Satanism?  Sure, go nuts.  If we're talking about the mystical, religious nonsense of the theistic forms of satanism, then you have issues, because ... well, the problem is in the description:  theistic satanism.

I don't think that's what you mean, though.  If you're talking about the Satanic Temple, then you should go check out the Politics, Economics, and Religion group (http://atheistnexus.org/group/politics-economics-and-religion).  That's what the Satanic Temple is all about, after all.  Great guys; good politic tool to fight first-amendment violations.

Why would Terasem and the Satanic Temple be wacky and threatening?

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service