Amusing Responses You Got From People When You Came Out About Being An Atheist.

I thougt It would be interesting to see some of the more comical responses people have received upon coming out. I'll start things off with my favorite.

I was about 16 and a guy in class found out that I didn't believe in god and he came up to me and asked

Boy: "So do you really not believe in god"

Me: "No."

Boy: "So.... You worship the devil?!"

I got this one in one form or another many times..... Gotta love the bible belt! :)

Scott

Views: 6158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite response was from my aunt.

Aunt: We just have to ask god what the best plan is right now.

Me: Well, I don't believe in god.

Aunt: How?! Does your mom know?!

A little back story: My mom is textbook conservative. She's not A bible-thumper, she's THE bible-thumper. She always votes republican even though she knows nothing about the candidates. As long as they're Christian, that's good enough for her. I have had Christianity shoved down my throat for all of my life after the age of 5(she's the worst kind....born again). Imagine her disappointment when she found out I was a liberal, gay, atheist. Haha!
bet that went over like turd in a punch bowl
Yeah, another one...I swear coming out as gay is so much easier!
ZOMG , you really cannot get more heathenish than that. the look on her face must of been angelic, pardon the pun.
I love how "true Christians" get to be the arbiter of who is a Christian, not God or some other all knowing being.
Not sure if this counts but I have always considered myself an Athiest/Humanist but I attended a fairly lax Catholic High School (I was beat up by a girl from the non religious High School), anyway I was always considered one of the "good" students, good grades, never in trouble etc., then one day in my Fifth year a teacher asked to speak to me to ask me if I would be alter girl for some church event the school was involved in, I calmly said no and was asked why not, to which I replied "Well I have never been baptised and am an atheist so I don't think I am what the church has in mind...". The look on his face was priceless.
I go to a catholic High School and everyone now knows to avoid me after this.

Teacher: Joe, so why don't you believe in god?

Me: Why don't you believe in Zeus?

Teacher: Cause Zeus is not real.

Me: *raise eyebrows and look at teacher pityingly

Teacher: Any Way......
As a "descendent" of Thor (note my family name), it makes me sad that this person doesn't know the difference between greek and norse myths.

Ok, I don't get it.

1. Which person doesn't know the difference (Joe Henry or the teacher?)

2. What Norse myth? He was talking about Zeus and Jehovah, a Greek god and a Judeo/Christian god.

'Splain?

(BTW, I love Joe Henry's teaching the teacher by example, great!)

I learned a new term to use ^.^
Yea, I like that one too.
thank you - I love learning more latin

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

Dyslexic's DOG replied to Gerald Payne's discussion The thoughts of david hume
4 minutes ago
Dyslexic's DOG replied to Gerald Payne's discussion The thoughts of david hume
18 minutes ago
Dyslexic's DOG replied to Dyslexic's DOG's discussion Origin of The Universe, Time and Arguments For God?????
34 minutes ago
Hiram posted a blog post
47 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Gerald Payne's discussion The thoughts of david hume
56 minutes ago
Idaho Spud commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Loren Miller posted a status
""The search for god can only result in the discovery of something you've put there yourself." -- me"
1 hour ago
Loren Miller posted a status
""The search for god can only result in the discovery of something you've put there yourself." -- me"
1 hour ago

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service