I wish I was this enlightened as an 18 year old.  Although I was Baptist and not Mormon.

Don't play loud at work.  Lots of F-bombs.  Awesome letter!

Via the friendly atheist on Patheos.

Views: 707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes... after the Mormon church decided that children of same-sex couples couldn't be treated as full church members until after they turned 18 and denounced their mothers' or their fathers' relationship. So much for "family values"!

(Let's not forget that the Mormon establishment was also a primary force behind California's "Proposition H8" (Prop. 8) which took away marriage recognition.)

It's amazing how imaginary plots like the covenant can give a story a realistic boost, expanding the particulars and making them more credible, while being no more than part and parcel of the same bullshit.

Here's the real poser: do the higher-ups of the LDS church realize just how badly they've shot themselves in the foot with this ruling?  They have alienated an obviously considerable number of their now-former members while simultaneously demonstrating the inarguable bigotry of their belief system.

How much more purposefully stupid can you get?

We will soon find out Loren.

Which lends itself to the conclusion we came to long ago:

God is a dick.

Though sometimes worldly governments can actually persuade God to change his mind, like when the Mormons got a new revelation that black men could, after all, receive the priesthood (routinely given to white males in good standing, allowing various blessings and leadership roles and, eventually, access to the highest levels of heaven).

The notion of god leads to maladaptive behavior, wishful thinking and living in the passive voice. That is an opinion, I have no reason to give evidence. It is a subjective statement. 

An objective statement wouldn't make sense.

"Maladaptive behavior" – Joan, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Belief in god and its effect on cognition is a matter of levels.

Moderates, little if any effect.

Heavily Indoctrinated, semi-fundamentalists, an alarming level of cognitive malaise and poor behaviour exhibited.

Fundamentalists have severe cognitive malaise and a very poor understanding of reality.

But, this can also be said about Nationalism, and other belief systems, not just religion.

Anything that relies on Irrational Reasoning for its survival will hijack human cognitive faculties and render those deeply indoctrinated into cognitive Zombies.

:-D~

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2020   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service