Cornel West & Rev. Traci Blackmon: Clergy in Charlottesville We...

In this Democracy Now interview, Cornel West and Rev. Traci Blackmon say that they and 20 University of Virginia students owed their lives to AntiFascists and Anarchists who protected them from thousands of white supremacists. Police stood aside to let neo-Nazi protestors attack the antiprotestors.

screen grab from the video

Cornel West:

The next day, for example, those 20 of us who were standing, many of them clergy, we would have been crushed like cockroaches if it were not for the anarchists and the antifascists who approached, over 300, 350 antifascists. We just had 20. And we’re singing "This Little light of Mine,"…

The antifascists, and then, crucial, the anarchists, because they saved our lives, actually. We would have been completely crushed, and I’ll never forget that. [emphasis mine]

Views: 692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Antifascists don't want to be out in the street fighting nazis."  Yeah, 3 million years of evolution has programed young human males to lay around smoking weed and cleaning their apartments.  Don't fool yourselves, there is a perfectly normal and healthy exertion of testosterone being ejaculated in all this, wrapped in a layer of heroic self-righteousness and mindless group-think.  Like I said earlier, the best thing that ever happened to antifa was Charlottesville, because they got to go after actual fascists rather than the usual target of speakers whose opinions they disagree with and want to violently suppress. 

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service