Since people were asking for a less US-centric political test I tried to find one. The one at The Political Compass seems to fit the bill pretty well. The results aren't a simple single number, instead they're plotted on an x/y graph.
Economic issues are the X axis liberal being the negative, conservative being positive.
Social issues are the Y axis, again, liberal being negative, conservative positive.

My score was Economic: -7.75 Social -6.82

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Economic: -7.12
Social: -7.23
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.79

I'm with Gandhi and the Dalai Lama (though left and south of both).

I took this test 15 years ago. I'm considerably further left than I was at that time, but scored the exact same result as before on the Libertarian dimension.
I'm certainly not going to get a mob together to come over to your house late at night with pitchforks and flaming torches.
Meh
Attachments:
Economic -6

Authoritarian -8

Ghandian, Suits me;he's one of my life models.
Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

I am Gandhi! A least I think I dress better than he did.

The economic is the real surprise to me. I bet it would be higher (closer to zero) if it had been taken before the economic melt down.
That was great, thank for posting a non-US quiz Joey!

Somewhat unsurprisingly I ended up also in the green box:

Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64
I'm more of a left libertarian than Ghandi. I'm disappointed that conservative values are collated on the positive scale, no wonder the fundies think they're right.
Ghandi, that right winged fascist. (just kidding)

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -8.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.82

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.00

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service