Atheists are a small minority in the U.S.  Advocates of gun control might be a minority in America as well. In light of the recent shootings in Aurora I am curious as to how atheists in this network view the lack of gun restrictions.  There are probably divergent views.

I have trouble believing that both presidential candidates are steering away from any call for reform after the horrific mass shooting. In my opinion it is insane to allow citizens access to assault weapons that can kill scores of people in a few minutes.  It was even more shocking to hear on a news show that a family had to raise money to pay for the immense hospital bills for one of the victims while they were already crippled with medical bills from the mothers fight with breast cancer.

As a Canadian I came to stand with my U.S brothers for the reason rally and freedom from religion.  I would be willing to come down to the capitol and march for two other important causes.  Gun control and universal health care.

Views: 12235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) Americans have sufficient evidence that criminals (aka free enterprise extremists) no longer have access to guns.

2) After a mass shooting, thousands of Americans don't buy guns.
3) After liberal politians talk about common sense gun control, thousands of Americans don't buy guns.

Are the cartridges available? I don't have to buy a gun. I can make a simple one out of pipe and stuff. It's not a machine gun but it will get the job done. My pipe gun will be invisible like I'm carrying a newspaper or something. One shot and I am done and gone.

Michael, weren't you a few months ago committed to using baseball bats? Did they fail the test?

I have a baseball bat and a wonderful golf club. The bat will hurt you but the golf club will kill you.  Of course, so will my gun. It depends on how an invasion setup would go down. All I have to do is claim Ii was in fear for my life.

The post you are replying to is me saying I can make a simple single shot gun of any caliber out of scrap pipe. All you really need is the ammo.

The Overton Window will have moved far enough in the direction of common sense gun control when:

1) a woman becomes POTUS;

2) The Equal Rights Amendment passes;

3) When Chief Justice Roberts, associate justices Thomas and Alito replacements exist of Pro-Roe v. Wade advocates, ERA supporters, and Maternal and Infant Health Care becomes a sacrament; and  

4) Gender pay is equal.

1a) another woman becomes FLOTUS;
2a) the US supports the ERA in the United Nations;
5) Russell Pangborn discovers Canada;

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service