I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 21597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dumfries and Galloway, South West Sotland. This link gives a bit of information about the Witch trials http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/7706/1/Lizanne3pdf When a woman (usually a woman) was found guilty of witchcraft her possessions were forfeit to the church or crown. I beleive there is a move afoot to have these convictions overturned and, where possible, to have reparations made to any living descendants. Can't imagine the Westminster government allowing that - although a Scottish government might.

Nominally from Virginia Beach, VA; currently in Dubai, UAE. Relatively new member to the site -- isolated atheist no more!

Hey bud, no, u r no longer isolated. Welcome on here.

On my part, i'm kinda sad that i'm not seeing more people from my country here. I hope that changes soon. There are so  so many closet atheists. Personally, i am somewhere in between but i realize this is a safe space. I wish they would too.

Maybe i'll have better luck looking in at www.atheistcensus.com . So excited about that!

Was New York, now Maryland.  Never really had a problem with being an atheist in either location, or in St. Louis, when I went to college there.

That's funny.  I grew up in Maryland, now I'm in Western NY state.

Atheist Census’ back online after hacker attack

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 05:40 AM PST

Atheist Alliance International reports that its Atheist Census, an attempt to count the world’s atheists, is now back online after hackers took it down more than a week ago.

“It seems that there are people who do not want atheists to be counted, who do not want to accept that as more people question and think critically about religion atheists are a growing demographic. It is a measure of the project’s success – even at this early stage – that some people wanted to shut it down,” Carlos Diaz, the organization’s president, said in a prepared statement.

The group launched the census on Dec. 7 and it fell to a Denial of Service attack about 17 hours later. At the time that the census site was attacked, about 8,800 people had completed the survey, with another 2,300 pending.

Participation in the Atheist Census is free. Since the return of the site, about 20,000 total people have submitted their information to the effort, which is attempting to collect demographic information about atheists throughout the world, including their education levels, age, gender identity and country.

The Atheist Census can be found at http://www.atheistcensus.com/

Atheist Census’ back online after hacker attack

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 05:40 AM PST

Atheist Alliance International reports that its Atheist Census, an attempt to count the world’s atheists, is now back online after hackers took it down more than a week ago.

“It seems that there are people who do not want atheists to be counted, who do not want to accept that as more people question and think critically about religion atheists are a growing demographic. It is a measure of the project’s success – even at this early stage – that some people wanted to shut it down,” Carlos Diaz, the organization’s president, said in a prepared statement.

The group launched the census on Dec. 7 and it fell to a Denial of Service attack about 17 hours later. At the time that the census site was attacked, about 8,800 people had completed the survey, with another 2,300 pending.

Participation in the Atheist Census is free. Since the return of the site, about 20,000 total people have submitted their information to the effort, which is attempting to collect demographic information about atheists throughout the world, including their education levels, age, gender identity and country.

The Atheist Census can be found at http://www.atheistcensus.com/

Hey, Alex. I don't know about a Reason Rally but there's this: http://atheists.org/convention2013

My daughter and I are dying to go but no matter how I look at it, I simply can't afford it.

I will be in Austin for the convention myself. If I would have known sooner we could have hared the room and cut expenses a bit. I am guessing you have a room already as I do.

I'm in Louisville, KY, a shockingly liberal oasis in a sea of bible-thumpin' crazy!

Yes, my state is responsible for Mitch McConnell, but we here in Louisville gave you John Yarmurth, too! That has to count for something!

I'm from Broadwater, Nebraska. I represent the voters of the village (as I am an openly-atheistic city councilman, erotic Romance novel editor, and disabled Navy veteran).

I live in Loxahatchee, Flori duh.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service