I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 23799

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, Joan!  Please live forever!  Your wide range of interests and intelligence, curiosity, and energy astound me! We know that only the strongest will, and honest, skeptical curiosity will dare us to question what we were  taught by those we loved.  Thank you for persevering through serious illness. 
Ireland was a plantation.  It was a place to send those who had supported the Monarchy of England when no more land was available to give as a boon for Generals and sycophants. Land parcels could be awarded to those in favor with the Crown.

When South American peoples introduces European/Spanish Colonists  to potatoes the vegetable became very popular.  The same small plot can produce so many more pounds of food than earlier crops.  

Joan,

According to the article -written by an Irish man- Argentina was the only country that really welcomed the Irish; knowing my people I don't doubt it was the case.

The same article mentions many cities in south BAires and states that said places are common knowledge in Ireland.

BTW, I married an extremely wonderful and good looking Irish guy; he passed recently.

Thanks, F31, but I wouldn't rely on me for info about anywhere in Florida; my wife of one month and I left the state early in January of 1966.

Soon thereafter, the weather news started reporting that small tornadoes were following hurricanes. A tornado could mess up an all-night hurricane party.

Like I said. To speak Spanish doesn't make a person a Spaniard any more than to speak English makes a person British

Two and "two halves"...LOL....

London United Kingdom. at least until and if Scotland decides to leave UK 

Do you mean if Scotland leaves, it can no longer be call the United Kingdom?

Are the Scottish talking about leaving again?

Yes if they vote by 51 per cent next thursday they will become independent and the union will be dissolved  

Do you think Scotland will achieve the "Yes"?

To close to call at the moment the no vote has a 5 or 6 point lead in the polls but that could change at any time between now and thursday

And your feelings on this matter?

At first i didn't think I'd care but now i find myself hating the idea of a split its pure emotional, who knew i would feel this way    

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service