Normally I wouldn't have thought too much about this issue but it's gone wild since transgender and LGBT rights issues are creating neutral gender and all gender bathrooms. Many legislators are telling us that this is wrong, and they inform us of what god wants. Oh, here we go again.

I've seen online videos where a man follows a woman into the woman's restroom because he thought the woman was a man. She looked like a man and dressed like a man, but assured the guy she was a woman. I suppose the line of thinking here is that men are sneaking into the john to rape or attack women, and they are doing it dressed as women. OK. Couldn't they have done that anyway even before these new bathroom laws were passed? Of course they could have. The hysteria only came with the new laws.

Then we have that curious man who followed her inside. Maybe he's going to attack and rape her and use all of this as an excuse. You never know. Why is the issue so important just now?

Target and other places now have such bathrooms and some have said they will never use them or even go back to Target again because they saw a man going inside. What about their precious daughter? She's very young and maybe that man is going to molest her or rape her. OK. That's when you take your own daughter inside the bathroom and you can now do so whether you are the father or the mother. Why would you just cower outside and be afraid?

In 1965 I was in Nurnberg, Germany and the public restrooms had a female attendant inside them that kept the place clean for you. She was paid in tips that you gave her, and as far as I know none of the attendants were raped.

I find it strange that we have hysteria now over a situation that in theory could have always existed, but today is fueled by recent laws.

Any comments?

Views: 1649

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It reminds me a lot of the whole issue of gays in the military.  They've BEEN THERE forever and funny thing, no one noticed.

Same notation.

Exactly!! Plus remember that hysteria that if they let gays marry, people are going to want to marry their horse? Gay marriage has been legal for a little bit, where are the riots for horse marriage? Lol. They love to suppress and divide and divert people to not pay attention and pass stuff like Citizens United.

I agree with everyone here. It's a non-issue that has gotten out of hand by possible religious hysteria. When I was a kid the adults warned us that gay men would try to secretly take us into bathrooms. It scared us but we never were aware of it happening. Of course, little girls were not told that women would try and take them into bathrooms. It's illogical BS.

Then we get into military hysteria too. The military didn't like gay men because they could be tempted under pressure to give in and tell everything just to get a penis. The temptation would be too much for them, but you might also ask what about the straight man who would be questioned and promised a vagina if he would just tell all. It's the same thing as far as temptation goes. The ideas behind it have no real logic.

We do not need potty police.

Some of the anti-gay discrimination was based on the idea of a vicious cycle: "We won't hire/promote you for this sensitive position because someone might try to blackmail you because you're gay, which might work because of anti-gay bias just like our refusing to hire/promote you."

If the politicians and media keep us distracted with issues like which bathroom to use, we do not spend time on important issues. I think it is a smokescreen.

If you look like a man, use the men's room. If you look like a woman, use the ladies room. For privacy, public rest rooms have a stall with a toilet and a door. 

I do not understand transgender or LBGT. I do have a few friends and a nephew who could be tagged with the label, but when they use a rest room they pose no threat to anyone. They just have business to attend to.  *-)

He couldn't say exactly why not back then (and even now!) because too many people are inhibited when talking about sex.  That inhibition is a large portion of the reason why the priest sex abuse scandal has persisted to and through this point.  When you can quit being embarrassed talking about penises and vaginas, abuse of that nature has a lot less breathing oxygen.

Sadly, most people haven't learned that yet.

A powerful story, Joan Thanks.

My neighbour used my bathroom and half a year ago he came out as a woman. Should I get hysterical?

He should sue because that was obviously the cause.

Exactly! The religious right always needs someone toward whom they can feel righteous anger. The hierarchy always needs someone toward whom they can direct their powerless dupes' frustrations and anger. When this flavor of scapegoat gets stale, they'll invent another. Such hysteria is a "quick fix" to bruised egos at the hierarchy bottom, like a drug of abuse. Anything to avoid paying attention to the real problems.

That's because it's usually men who sexually assault boys.  Men should not be allowed in men's restrooms.

:-)

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service