Hi all. New to the group (but not A|N). I was wondering if anyone here cans or otherwise preserves their own food.  I do, and and am always looking for tips, suggestions, hints, recipes, etc. on food preservation. I'm fortunate to live in a rural area where, in the summertime, the fruits and vegetables are abundant. In addition (as an omnivore), I also make and can my own stock and vegetable broth . In fact, I'm the only person I know of that has a supply of canned pork stock - I cobbled together the recipe and used the same process for making and canning chicken and beef stock. I have a very large - actually massive - 41 quart pressure canner which, if you do large batches, saves a lot of time. Anyway, hints, tips, suggestions, or recipes are appreciated. 

Views: 308

Replies to This Discussion

Patricia, I used to dehydrate food also. In fact, had built my own which was the size of a standard refrigerator. As with the house, I lost that also in the divorce.  Always wanted to build another, but just never seemed to get around to it.

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service