http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/08/12/2449591/tennessee-judge...

fwiw, i could give two shits about this or any name someone chooses for their child.  and neither should anyone else, especially a judge.  if a member of the WBC wanted to name their child "Godhatesfags" i could care less. 

ironically, it's the Christian right which is always complaining about the gov't taking away their liberty.  i'm pretty certain that a judge renaming your baby is quite an intrusion into personal freedom, and more specifically religious freedom.  me thinks some conservative Christians may have a hard time squaring this circle. 

Views: 655

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's okay.  I don't think you should feel bad about it.  I believed the La-a thing when I first heard it, too, and it was only after I heard it again that it started sounding suspicious to me.  It's a funny story and usually isn't told in a malicious way, whatever its origins might be.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

Qiana-Maieev commented on James Yount's group Music Lovers
6 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Daniel W's group Godless in the garden
7 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
10 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
10 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Daniel W's discussion Does Humus Exist? New Scientific Evidence Suggests Not. in the group Godless in the garden
10 hours ago
Joan Denoo posted a video

2016-04-19 My Spokane Garden

0:16
Spring came early this year, and put on quite a show.Lilacs and tulips start the year's performance.
13 hours ago
Profile IconVince, Dan, Katie Holsomback and 1 more joined Atheist Nexus
13 hours ago
Scott Daniel updated their profile
14 hours ago

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service