Couldn't leave this one alone. It offends and repulses me. Not only does the author use bad (and half-truth) data in his claims, some of them are outright fraudulent. The idea that Christians are being persecuted in North America more than they are persecuting is fucking OUTRAGEOUS. Any and all thoughts from the community welcome on this.

Here's the offending article here.

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating: there is a christian mindset out there that actually LOOKS to be persecuted.  I mean, it's like part of the initiation ritual, the secret handshake to get in the door:

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
-- Matthew 5:10-12

I have actually seen believers who come back to an argument made to them like this, rejoicing in their supposed "persecution" at the hands of us infidels.  My response, or at least one of them, if they feel persecuted by the truth, they're dealing with a rather pathetic state of affairs.  I mean, whatever happened to the words from that old him, "Stand up, stand up for Jesus / Ye soldiers of the cross"?

This reminds me of the attitude of the JW's going from door to door, and believing that the scripture said they would be turned away. They rejoice in the fact that they are doing the will of the vowel god, Jehovah.

Yes, they reason like: they slam the door in my face, which means I'm persecuted, which means I'm right and I'll get a better seat in heaven.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

Patricia commented on Dyslexic's DOG's photo
2 hours ago
Patricia liked Dyslexic's DOG's photo
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Vine's discussion Can you choose what you believe?
3 hours ago
Jim Gardner updated their profile photo
4 hours ago
Jim Gardner updated their profile
4 hours ago
Vine replied to Vine's discussion Can you choose what you believe?
7 hours ago
PRASENJIT KONAR liked Richard Haynes's page Rules & Guidelines
8 hours ago
Profile IconGary and PRASENJIT KONAR joined Atheist Nexus
9 hours ago

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service