Matthew 25:34-40

"Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me."

What Trump wants.....

* Eliminates the $200 million McGovern-Dole International Food for Education program

* Cuts Women, Infants and Children nutrition assistance from $6.4 billion to $6.2 billion

* Eliminates the Economic Development Administration, which gives out grants in struggling communities
* Cuts $3.7 billion in grants for teacher training, after-school and summer programs, and aid programs to first-generation and low-income students
* Decreases funding for the National Institutes of Health and certain programs to train health professionals
* Eliminates the Fogarty International Center, which builds partnerships between U.S. and foreign health research institutions
* Cuts $667 million from grant programs to state and local agencies, including pre-disaster mitigation grants

* Cuts $95 million from the Rural Business and Cooperative Service

* Eliminates the $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program

* Eliminates the HOME Investment Partnerships Program, the Choice Neighborhoods program and the Self-help Homeownership Opportunity Program

* Eliminates the $35 million of funding for Section 4 Community Development and Affordable Housing

* Eliminates the Senior Community Service Employment Program, which helps low-income seniors find work

* Closes poor-performing centers for Job Corps, a job-training program for disadvantaged youth

* Eliminates grants that help nonprofit groups and public agencies pay for safety and health training

* Reduces funding for U.N. peacekeeping
* Reduces most cultural-exchange programs, but keeps the Fulbright Program
* Eliminates grants for Community Development Financial Institutions, which provide financial services in economically distressed neighborhoods

Meanwhile.......

* Increases the size of the Army and Marine Corps

* Increases the number of ships in the Navy's fleet

* Buys F-35 Joint Strike Fighters more rapidly

* Increases spending to keep Air Force combat planes ready to fly

Where does this Christian Matthew 25:34-40 ideology fit in?

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The thing for me is that we know the goal of a bullet (military weapons) is to kill (mass killings)... reducing or omitting human services is Trumps benign version of killing off the wounded.

U.S. infant mortality rate worse than other countries:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-infant-mortality-rate-worse-than-ot...

"The U.S. lags behind other developed countries because there remain significant gaps in access to and utilization of prenatal and preconception care,"

If Trump care is to pass, 14 million will lose their health insurance. Will the infant mortality rate climb?

Yesterday I told my son about Trumps plans to cut human services.My sons' response was " If Trump cut human services then crime will go up and then Trump will blame them for the crimes." Soon, next to Trump Hotel we will have Trump Prison.

"That stuff isn't really in there." Many Christians to whom I've quoted or related the stories of the bible to. Now that that is settled let's go pick some more cherries!

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service