Apparently you can't do polls on here.... but

Do any of you think that Jesus actually existed? What do category do you fall into?

A. Believed he existed, claims are false

B. Believed he existed, claims are exaggerated

C. Don't believe he existed

D. Believe he existed, claims are true (sorry had to leave the idiot category open)

Views: 6642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's the difference between jesus and a picture of Jesus? It only takes on nail to hang up the picture.
What's the difference between Jesus Christ and a prostitute?
- The look on their face as they get nailed... or maybe it's the same, depending on the size of the nail.

I'm pretty sure Jesus got nailed by Judas before he got nailed by the Romans.

He was probably gang-banged and nailed by all of his disciples while he nailed Mary Magdelene before the Romans got their hands on him. That may be why they beat him so bad...They had already called first dibs.

I'm still not interested in Jesus. Bleck. 2000 year old zombies.

Did you ever think "There's no book of Judas?"  Sure he got the rap but for selling information to the Romans?  First off, the Romans didn't pay for information, they cut pieces off you until you told whatever you knew.  Plus, the "secret sign" always got me.  In every book it's the only thing that's repeated verbatim by everyone "the one I shall kiss is the one you seek,"   If it was such a secret, how come they all knew it?  

If there was a Jesus, and he was killed by the Romans, who benefited most?  Judas?  Not likely.  John spent the rest of his days living well off the legend he helped create, and the guy he probably had whacked.  Think about it.  They were living pretty well during hard times.  Lots of followers, plenty of offerings, and then this guy goes nuts and pisses off the big money guys.

Read any of the letters of John.  They're all about establishing more churches and building up the religion like a business - John was a businessman.

The Godfather of his day had a sit-down with John to "work out" the problem.  Romans, Sopranos, six of one...

I find it amazing that a kiss had to be given to show the Romans which person was Jesus. If you have a group of people taking instruction from, or following somebody, why would it be so hard to figure out who the main guy was? If one is giving a speech and all the others listening, would the speech maker not appear to be the main guy?

The Bible takes such a simple thing and makes it a mystery. Why? Who would not know?

Good point, Michael. In your example, It would take a complete lack of common sense not to recognize Jesus.

Actually, kissing and selling a Jesus is a bullshit of a "fulfilled" prophecy in the old testament,  fabricated by the writers of gospels in the new testament, so the whole Christian religion be taken seriously.

The "artists" writers of the gospels made the Proverbs 27:6, Psalms 41:9, and something from a Jeremiah verse as the fulfilling of "Messiah" or "Christ", as being kissed and sold as to sell gospel literature to suckers.

Christians do not realize that gospels is just religious literature used to supports Christian religion. Gospels are not history, just fantasy of a "fulfilled" prophecy of a Christ. 

I have yet to come across any valid evidence that Jesus ever existed (If someone else has than please let me know where I can read this information). Yet, it is possible he did exist and if so, then the claims are false or exaggerated. I "believe" in nothing. I use logic and reason to formulate rational conclusions.

I "believe" in nothing. I use logic and reason to formulate rational conclusions.   Well said Keith.  I agree.

I just noticed the A., B., C., not-a-poll above,  "claims are false"  "claims are exaggerated" ???

Duh, you think?

RSS

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service