The use of hallusagenic mushrooms played a role in early Christian thought. John, "the loved disciple" of the crucified man that lives somewhere in Earth's atmosphere, wrote the book of Revelation on the island of Patmos. Perhaps, he partook of the Holy mushroom?

Views: 1089

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You naughty little boy! I shall give  you a spanking.

Once I learned that hallucinogens were in use in biblical times, I thought that explained a lot.  Certainly Revelation, but chunks of the old testament as well.

Depends. John Allegro traced the migration of rye seeds from the Caucasus down to the Levant and since the O.T. was written by different authors at different times, all B.C.E., we cannot be certain what type of hallucinogen these writers were using as a sacrament. (One thing is for sure, we can rule out mescaline, which not even British experimenters, including Aleister Crowley -- his favorite means of "dereglement do tout les senses" -- and Aldous Huxley, got their hands on late in the 19th or early 20th century.) No, a good solid thesis has been developed to show that the sacrament was ergot or mushrooms, C. purpurea perhaps. I still maintain that John of Patmos wrote the "Revelations" in a code to fool the Romans. In Greek, NERO CAESAR has the same numerical equivalence as TO MEGA THERION, or The Great Beast.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2020   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service