I am an Ex Catholic who has been on an exploratory journey of attempting to find a worldview I can adhere to and be proud of.  I think I am making progress in that journey, and I welcome fellow explorers to get in touch with me. 

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Al!  Welcome to Atheist Nexus!

We all have our own stories to tell, and they vary all over the map.  For myself, as a retired engineer, I tend to see things pragmatically: either something is true or it isn't.  Something works or it doesn't, and if it doesn't, why should I bother with it?  Maybe that suits you or maybe it doesn't, but YOU obviously are the one you have to live with.

Atheist Nexus is about ideas, among other things.  Tossing 'em around, discussing, sometimes arguing (though not TOO often!) and sorting stuff out.  I'm no expert, but I do okay, and if you have something you'd like a second opinion on, lay it out and we'll see where we go with it.

Oh, and please have a GREAT time here!

I am well my way to de-toxification from childhood Catholic indoctrination.  In fact I talk a lot about my journey in the book I just published entitled,  Balanceology:  The 4 M's of motivation, meaning, measurement, mitigation.

Welcome, Al. Another happily retired Catholic here.

thanks

Hi, Al.  I left Catholicism for agnosticism and used science to heal the damage that 12 years in RC schools  did to my mind. I’m now retired from computer manufacturing.

II found an interesting take on the journey idea in the article Science as a Personal Journey. A search on that title will find it and its author Chris Reeves has two pix that describe the steps taken on a journey away from authority.

Be kind to yourself.

Al, while I don't know whether you need it or not, there is a great organization that helps those who are still sorting out their departure from irrational belief: Recovering From Religion.  It's worth a look.

Al, I am glad to see you here at Atheist Nexus. Many of us have similar histories and it feels so good to know we are not alone. Others doubt the myths of religious teaching and find great pleasure in discovering the wisdom and power of giving up superstition. 

See, Al. I told you so!

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service