"Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful."  --Seneca the Younger (4 B.C.E.-65 C.E.).

Views: 2266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This has been on my page for a while ... time to put it to use!

It is the final proof of God's omnipotence that he need not exist in order to save us.

-- Peter De Vries
sacred cows make the best hamburger.

--Mark Twain
This is my favorite quote as well. I love it!
Christians (I don't know other books well enough) have said it very well themselves: "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Romans something or other - pretty much sums up the problem.
But...but...but, things not seen cannot be evidence of anything.
Including the FSM.
I don't know about that FSM ... I'd swear I smell marinara!
I've seen the chart showing the clear relationship between pirates and global warming too. That settles it for me, I'm convinced. I mean, it's on a chart - have you not seen the chart?!?

My two favorites are:
"You do not need the bible to justify love, but no
better tool has been invented to justify hate." - Richard Weatherwax

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony
I also like
"So many christians...so few lions."
My daughter never really got a good look at a crucifix until she was 3; we were walking by a church and she stopped to look at the one they had displayed out front and said "ewwww!" I asked "what, honey?" she said with revulsion "I don't like that scarecrow!" that's what we call it now: The Scarecrow.

She didn't realize at the time it was any relation to the xtian cross, which we refer to as "their death rune".

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service