What are some of your favorite lines in a song?

My first offering:

Wait a minute, mister, I didn't even kiss her.

Views: 282

Replies to This Discussion

My poor memory only vaguely recalls the TV show, but the version of the song that I like is from a group that are not the best singers.  I like them because I enjoy the comedic movie "RV", and all the stars get together at the end of the movie and sing it:

Our ideas held no water, but we used them like a dam.

--Modest Mouse

You walked in, and my life began again,
Just when I'd spent the last piaster I could borrow...

Katy lies ... you can see it in her eyes...

Just something about Steely Dan.  That's about all I can say.

My old college bud had this comment about the band: . . . Steely Dan knew every chord in the book, was pitch perfect, understood music theory inside and out, and could out-precision the finest of Swiss metronomes.

Thing is, they had more than that.  They knew how to take the technical side of music and turn it into ART ... and none of their work shows that off quite so well as Aja.

Thank you, fellas, for the information on Steely Dan. I'll take a listen! Do you recommend a specific title to start? 

I don't get it! They play the same musical theme and words over and over. What is so great about that? 

I listened to Steely Dan 《Do It Again》 ( original studio sound version)Steely Dan 《Do It Again》 ( original studio sound version), 

and STEELY DAN - Reelin in the Years (1973).

Here's a long-time favorite of mine, Joan.  Real early-morning music, mellow and content-full:

They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose.
They call Alabama "The Crimson Tide"...
Call me Deacon Blues!

DAMN ... that brings back memories!

Poets, priests and politicians have words to thank for their positions - Sting

I also love the lyrics to the song "Dear God" by XTC:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHmTqoLjlXo 

Dance like a butterfly and drink like a fish
If you're bent on taking demons down with only your fist

--Father John Misty

Geez, all you people are referencing thoughtful, introspective music lyrics and all I did was quote two sex-tinged declarations.  Way to make me feel like a slut. 

Carl--

No worries - some of my best friends are sex-tinged. It's the entire point of rock n roll after all. I started this with Lynard Skynard; no one's going to wax overly fastidious over provenance here.

RSS

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service