How many days and nights are there between Friday Afternoon and Sunday Morning?

Clearly, even if you count Friday and Sunday as days, there are only two nights. According to the prophecy, the messiah would lie in the earth for three days and three nights as Jonah did in the belly of the fish (stop giggling - it's a quiz.)

So - here's the question:

Did the Catholic Church move the crucifixation ... uh, I mean crucifiction ... uh, crucifixion to Friday to deprive the faithful of a four day weekend or is God just not very good at math?

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol
With jonah in the belly of the fish... one has to wonder, what happened to Johnas Brothers?

Ok, that's my bad bit of humor today.
Both, I'd say...
I was actually thinking the same thing earlier today on my own. I figured they must have counted Friday and Sunday each as a full day, and had a few beers to aid their counting.
Technically there is easter Monday.

Happy Dead Jesus Day!
Howard - Where is the original prophecy? I'd like to post this quiz to a few Xian friends. BibleGateway.com is freaking useless sometimes.
http://www.gotquestions.org/three-days.html

An entire explanation, but also the prophecy is Matthew 12:40. It's amusing how they spend so long explaining the different theories then at the end announce it doesn't matter. Silly Christians.
"Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Matthew 12:38-40).
Thanks guys!
No third night no matter how you count. Thanks. Play again. ;^P
Hard to argue with that.
The recipe said bake at cave temperature for three days and three nights but god checked frequently (as all good bakers do) and found him done, early. Viola! Zombie Jesus for your dining pleasure, served every Sunday at some locations and at catholic establishments--every day. Nothing taste jheesier than jesus as a cracker!

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service