I know we're all different thinkers, but I'm just curious if there is a consensus view among atheists regarding firearms?

Views: 1360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There wouldn't be a shortage of guns available. Ammo might become a problem at some point though.
That's highly doubtful, for instance I personally think all fully automatic firearms should be illegal to possess if you're not in the military. Of course I share that view concerning any semi-automatic firearm that can easily be converted to fire at full auto or burst fire. However I do support liberalizing our knife laws. A switchblade is a lot less likely to hurt bystanders then a semi-automatic pistol ever would. You can also train in either silat or pekiti tersia kali to learn knife fighting so that you'd become more effective in self-defense.
I probably shouldn't waste any time worrying about it. Just I have no trouble imagining someone acquiring the specs for the parts to convert a semi-automatic gun into a fully automatic gun and using them to build them with various metal fabrication methods. It'll be interesting to see if that becomes a problem in 3d printing in the future. However I imagine 3d printing to be too cost prohibitive at present to be used in such a way. That doesn't mean it won't become cheaper over time.

Regardless my main stance is that knives need less restrictions then guns do. Where as right now certain types of knives have far more restrictions on the local and state level then guns do. Or at least that's how it is in Texas.

As for the mechanics of the human finger, well let's just say there exist fully automatic guns on the market that your finger will never match in terms of fire rate. Hell I imagine the reaction time for the information to travel from your brain to your trigger finger is a major impediment to matching such a fire rate.

Am I the only one who noticed the sten gun in the background?

In texas and oklahoma, they have shot gun racks for truck windows, hold about 3 to 4 different guns in them.  not uncommon at all for 3 out of 5 people to be packing a pistol.

Lovely. You're going to love this story then, especially if it becomes the standard when it reaches the Supreme Court.

You guys can open carry in AZ right?  So to carry concealed you had to have a permit, but if you had a holstered weapon in plain view this was acceptable without a permit?  I really don't see what the big deal is if you guys allow open carry without a permit.  If you are carrying properly concealed, no one but trained people will know you have a weapon on you.  If you do it right, they might not even know you are carrying.  That's the whole point of carrying concealed.   

We also have a drug law problem.  When was the last time you saw an Al Capone running an alcohol distributor?  You drive a high demand trade underground, it drives up prices and invites criminals to take over the trade.  We should not be incarcerating people for medical problems.

I have a perfect solution to the crime in Mexico.  Legalize drugs.

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service