My friend came up to me two days ago (March 25) and said that it was me that converted her to atheism. I showed her a couple of books, websites, and some of my favorites on youtube about a month ago, when she asked me about Atheism. I didn't really intend to convert her purposely, we were just casually yapping in my house about nothing and the subject came up. She thanked me too! This is the first person I ever converted!

If anyone has similar or great stories, please share.

Views: 1542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

congratulations, I have converted 3
My brother, one cousin and I finally convinced my father that he was, in fact, an Atheist.
One exchange between my father and his very Catholic sister several weeks before his death that will always stick with me, was when my aunt told him she had arranged for a priest to come a see him. His response was "I wish you hadn't done that because of the burden it will put on my sons". She of course wanted to know how it could be a burden on my brother and me. To which he responded. "Because I'm to damn weak and I'd have to have my sons throw the son of a bitch out."
LOL, Great. My 84 year old sentiments exactly, but my only son is married to a Xian & he doesn't want to rock the boat. So I'd have to be the one to get off my deathbed to throw the SOB out.
I prefer the term de-indoctrinate. In my experience it's best not to confront the indoctinated head on but lead them to the truth so they feel it is they who discover the problems with religion . For example it's not much good going up to a crazy Christian and saying, "Hey, your wrong, there's no god and here's why." I find it best to let people ask me what I think about religion or if the topic comes up in converstaion to give my slant on it and let them ask me why I don't believe. Then like you I might lend them a book or refer them to a video on youtube or a website. I have had some success this way.
I like that de-indoctrinate. De-indoctrinate to the default stage.lol
lol, so true. Diana, next you should convert him into a chef!
Tacky, tacky, tacky
... but accurate.
I have been an Atheist for a wonderful God free year now, and I have influenced 3 people to critically challenge there religious views. All three have sense became Agnostic-Atheist. Not bad huh! Now my parents are a lot harder and old school so it's probably not going to happen.
My compliments & congratulations. I have strived for over 20 years to 'plant seeds' of doubt/wisdom & haven't done much more than you have in two months. America needs thousands of you. Have you considered being cloned ? :-)
I found it funny that the last time I spoke with someone about religion, who claimed to be Christian, they didn't even really believe that Jesus was a god, but a prophet of god.
Christianity: FAILED
Yeah, wrong religion. That's Islam.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2020   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service