Hi everyone,

I'm still figuring out how to use this site. I received welcome messages 10 days ago after my membership was approved, but don't know how to reply ... yet!

The late Chris Hitchens was one of my favorite authors, whose videos I'd watch on Youtube. I also like Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins. As well as others such as Jared Diamond and Steven Pinker.

I'm love science, both physical and biological. My graduate level education being in mathematics & science, I do have a fair understand of current theories of the universe/existence, and am very enthusiastic about the multiverse hypothesis. It neatly fits into my Occam's razorlike world view.

I'm an igtheist, i.e. one who doesn't think that the 'god'-hypothesis is a well-defined logical conjecture that even merits discussion. That said, it is obvious to me that an anthropocentric 'god' - the Big Magical Sky Daddy is fairy tale for grown ups who still have their imaginary friends! I am also an anti-theist.

I'm usually an equal-opportunity attacker of all religious fairy-tales, but Islam has been a personal fave since the Charlie Hebdo massacre. I'm also planning to practice a little affirmative-action too, by attacking the third worst religion, Hindooism, which happens to be my supposed 'background'.

I don't know how active I'll be given my time commitments, but I certainly am looking forward to hearing from you and interacting with you all.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Sanjoy. It's good to have you with us.

Welcome Sanjoy. You will find that here we attack all religions. Never to fear. We are an equal religionist attacker.   :)

Greets, Sanjoy, and welcome to Atheist Nexus.  I think you'll find that, whether you're talking about christianity, islam or scientology, we're all equal-opportunity offenders around here, so feel free to throw it down.  I think you'll find you're in good company.

Welcome Sanjoy glad you are here.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service