Hey everyone! Got on here from a suggestion from a friend. You peeps seem so smart on here.

Views: 682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Abuse/addiction is generally defined as when something takes over and interferes with your life, rather than being something that you do alongside of your normal life. There's chemical addiction as well, but that's different from the psychological addiction that is also talked about.

THC isn't chemically addictive, so you don't have to worry about that end of things.

From where do they draw the conclusion that their god doesn't like it, anyway?  I've always thought that it just went hand-in-hand with the same oppressive, conservative mindset that leads to conservative Christianity, not through any sort of causal link.

Let me reply in the long version. Yep.

Err, to which comment was that in response?  You fell across the page divide, at least for the time being, until someone responds to something earlier in the reply section.

Ah, I see, now that things have pushed over from additions to the first couple of pages.  Gotcha.

Welcome to Atheist Nexus, Gwen, glad to have you join us. 

Oh, we are smart. As you read more and more of our comments and observations you'll be able to tell which ones among us. Welcome!

Hi Gwen and welcome,

I can say I am a college drop out, boyhood family drop out, and for a lot of us here on Atheist Nexus...happily religious drop outs. I read lotsa books too.

"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library."

Frank Zappa

Eh, you typically need something more formal for the more technical stuff, though.  The time of the Isaac Newtons who developed their own mathematics from nothing is long past.  The field has advanced beyond the ability of one person to contribute anything without many years of climbing up onto the existing foundation.  Modern science also requires a damned huge amount of money.

Modern pseudo-science--cosmology's Standard Model, aka the Big Bang--also requires a damned huge amount of money.

Particle accelerators come to mind, yeah.  CERN costs quite a bit to run.

The LHC, humankind's costliest research tool, fails every time.

In time it's funding will be cut.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service