Nothing to see here. Move along.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's AWESOME!

Best of everything, health, luck, and hope your group succeed in impressing every audience.

Maybe we'll get to purchase a DVD of your group one day.

Enjoy!

:-D~

A in F, I wish you good health, strength, courage, stamina, confidence, competence, pride, dignity, self-assurance, and great success. 

I think of Barbra, who has an ugly nose, not a very pretty face, and she just claimed them with pride and dignity and sang her heart out. 

Excellent.  Thanks.  When she sings, she's beautiful.

I agree, Jerry! She sparkles!. 

Good luck!

OUTSTANDING!  You ROCK that gig, girl!  [big grin!!!]

Yes, CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm looking forward to hearing about many successful gigs!

Most of us atheists are "oddballs". I'm happy to read about your success and current state of mind. Jazz is the coolest.

CONGRATS, Kathy! I'm impressed, as my copious musical talents tend to cluster around the listening end of the talent spectrum.

Ath, where do you sing in public monthly?  Since religion, without a church choir, I haven't had a place to sing.  By now, I'm too old, but I did enjoy it.  Congratulations on being picked.

Kathy. Knock 'em dead!! 

Thanks everybody! One quick thing. :) My name is Laura, not Kathy. It's all good. I'm terrible at remembering names. It's even harder when all you have is a rather generic screen name. Almost anyone who lives in our nation could be an atheist in some FundyLand.

Our director is incredibly talented. He played his own jazz version of "Away in the Manger" at the Christmas concert and I was gobsmacked. It was unbelievably awesome.

His way of teaching is very different from what I'm used to. Yesterday, he was making up jazz parts on the fly. Today I had to listen to our rehearsal several times because he changed my part so often. I finally realized I had to mark down important times during the rehearsal so I would get the correct information. I still don't have a handle on my part, but I tried. :) I'm going to have to used to his teaching style: No sheet music, just, "Here, you sing this part." Very, very different from classical music.

Thanks again. Wish me luck learning these very difficult jazz chords.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service