This might not be the best approach to take with the death of people, but it seems like a good approach for when a loved pet dies. I have noticed this topic came up a few times on this forum, so I thought it might be appropriate.

I found this on reddit.

"I woke up to my mother telling me that I had to put my dog of 6 years to sleep because he had a nasty tumor that was threatening his life. I had one hour before the vet, and needless to say I was in shambles.

What the vet said though made me feel really good: "I know exactly where you've been son, and let me tell you a little bit about the difference between nature and science. In the wild, dogs would be killed off our abandoned by their pack by the slightest showing of weakness, so they keep quiet and suffer to themselves. You will never know how much an animal is hurting because mostly they will keep it in. Now I'm not sure what you believe, but I want to give credit to science for developing a serum that will not only peacefully put him to sleep, but he will quietly ease into the void of death, as opposed to suffering for countless days and hours before his heart stops."

Maybe I'm just delusional and shouldn't post this here, but seriously fuck God haha. Science makes death easier for everyone involved whereas that pussy in the sky gets off by making death involve suffering."

Views: 365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree lol...logic...it's a hellava thing cheers mate!

Losing my cat was hard... I had just moved to Japan, when she passed. It was really hard on my mother, because she was the one who tried to do what could be done to save our kitty's life, and she had to make the hard decision. The thing I took from losing her was that we have limited time with our family and friends of all species, and we'd best make the most of it. After losing my cat, I still dream about her and so the memories peek out, of snugging her. I can think fondly of the years she was in my life, and it's enough.

What worries me, is when you get to the point in old age that memories fade. I mean, yes, you're going to go, eventually. Nothing is permanent. But to lose yourself one memory at a time is a frightening thing, to me. Much moreso than death ever could be.

Alzheimers runs in my family... I know it's something that my mom is worried will affect her. She's forgetful so it's a possibility. :(

Put it in a shoebox and bury the f*cking thing.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service