"Dr." Jimmy Hays, Th.D is the founder and president of the less than wonderful Andersonville Theological Seminary in Camilla, Georgia. He is an alumni of Liberty University.

Unlike accredited schools, Andersonville doesn't teach math, English or history. Only the Bible is taught. "Dr." Hays considers all other subjects to be "junk". One of the classes taught by "Dr." Hays in his heavy southern drawl is entitled "Anthropology-The Doctrine of Man". Here is an excerpt from from the CD:

"We live in a world where people teach the doctrine of evolution all the time. And they won't let you teach the doctrine of creation in the public schools, or for that matter in many private schools, because they say that there is no evidence that God created man. Rather they'd rather go with the theory, and that's all it is, a theory, that man was evolved from monkey and that is amazing to me because we still have monkeys today and no men are coming from them. And so if man came from monkeys, what stopped man from coming from monkeys now?"

It is obvious that "Dr." Hays knows nothing about either evolution or anthropology. Nor does he seem to know what a theory is. Such ignorance coming out of schools such Andersonville is not surprising. Their graduates delight in calling each other "Dr." as they make a living spreading their asinine doctrines. Personally, I would never denigrate the term "doctor" by applying it to seminary graduates.

Would you?

Views: 1224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is the problem, many of them breed like rats.

I find it very difficult to be tolerant of a people who believe in the Quiverfull movement that encourages women to have as many as 20 children without regard for the health of the mother or the babies. 

My mother comes from a Catholic family in Ireland. She has six siblings. (She's the youngest.) You'd think I myself would also have a large immediate family. Luckily, my parents had the good sense to stop after two kids. (I'm the oldest.)

Emma, do you have records of your ancestors in Ireland and the potato famine? Yes, I share you opinion! Two is enough!

I know what you mean, Paricia. I discussed the overpopulation situation with my granddaughters before they had children. 

With Michelle, she had two boys and loves being pregnant. Her partner, a widower, has three children; he wants no more. I surely hope he has his way. 

Laurie loved being pregnant and her partner is the gentlest man I have ever seen. Their little girl, Brooklyn, just turned six months and I was concerned that she would become a heavy breeder. However, she wrote me today that she doesn't want to go through another pregnancy because of the problems she and the baby had during delivery. They both agree they want to adopt. 

Sigh of relief. 

"My motivated ignorance is as good as the tested and retested and retested underpinnings of all biological science."

That's an excellent summary.

"...man was evolved from monkey and that is amazing to me because we still have monkeys today and no men are coming from them. And so if man came from monkeys, what stopped man from coming from monkeys now?"

Of course, the response to his idiocy is that breeders brought some of the Mongolian Wild Horses to the USA and the Mongolian Wild Horses continue to breed in Mongolia.

Breeders brought the Ayrshire cattle native to the southwestern part of Scotland to the USA while the Ayrshire cattle continue to produce in Scotland.

Breeders brought Arabian horses from the Arabia Peninsula to the USA even as Arabian horses continue to breed in Arabia

People live in the USA are Irish, and the people living in Ireland continue to have babies. 

"'Dr.' Jimmy Hays, Th.D is the founder and president of the less than wonderful Andersonville Theological Seminary in Camilla, Georgia is an alumnus of Liberty University."

"Unlike accredited schools, Andersonville doesn't teach math, English or history. Only the Bible is taught. "Dr." Hays considers all other subjects to be "junk".

I hope the children raised with these beliefs find their education adequate for the 21st century jobs that will be coming available. With so many of the production jobs being sent to Third-World countries, there won't be enough jobs for all those needing jobs. I seriously doubt that children with diplomas from these kinds of educational institutions will be able to get into colleges, unless unaccredited schools will teach heir version of science and technical skills. 

Even if students can get into unaccredited school for the professions, I wonder if they will be able to be licensed in their states or any other? In addition, I wonder if anyone would choose a doctor, dentist, lawyer, engineer or nurse or pharmacist if they were not licensed? 

I agree. He doesn't know Jack. Then when he starts teaching that everything is "the doctrine of" this or "the doctrine of" that you know fully that his mind is theism gone ape shit. People like this might even seriously try to teach you "the doctrine of" mathematics except for the fact that it doesn't fit into their "creation science" approach to anything. That only happens when 2+2=5.

Hays, you are no Doctor. We have the Buybull to thank for people like this.

No graduate from any  Theological Seminary, regardless of the institution deserves the title 'Doctor'.

It's like giving those graduating High School a doctorate.

In fact, many leaving High School, are more knowledgeable about almost everything real than those graduating with a doctorate of divinity.

They would do better with a doctorate in Star Trekinity.

At least they would have something useful to inspire gamers and trekians.

:-D~

So they don't teach math at Liberty University, eh?  Probably not science or engineering, either.  Yet I'd bet a cup of coffee that "Dr." Hays has a nice car, probably a TV at home and a cell phone in his pocket, all of which are products of those last two disciplines.  And the one thing that will reliably stick in the craw of people like Hays is that it is the same discipline which gave rise to the alloys in his car and the circuitry in his TV and phone that revealed the structure of DNA and showed the relationship between us and chimpanzees and dated the earth, not in thousands of years but billions.

No, I wouldn't call him, "Doctor," either.  I'd call him a fool.

Science and math are too hard so I'll just go to a deploma mill and get a PHD in religion based on my book of myth, magic, murder and misogyny and teach people to be as ignorant and stupid as I am.  Best of all we can all stand around and call each other doctor.

If only there was a way to get the fucktards out of the gene pool.

Hopefully as more people move away from religion, these schools will be forced to close.

A few years ago, Richard Dawkins was speaking in Lynchberg, Virginia where Liberty University is located. There were some LU students in the audience. Dawkins advised them to leave Liberty, enroll in a real university and get a proper education. That sounded like  good advice.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service