If Trump Loses in the 2020 Elections, His Billionaire Allies Will Fund A Military Coup in America.

Or am I paranoid? (In 1975 I tested negative for the condition. I really did.)

Trump is showing us he likes political power and autocrats. Some of America’s billionaires have shown us they want more than he has given them.

It happens that way in small nations, when voters elect autocrats. 

What do you think?

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a step along the way--

Fox News, CNN Hired Ex-Trump Aides Bound by NDAs. That’s ‘Journalistic Malpractice,’ Experts Say.

Trump reportedly locks his ex-staffers into deals preventing them from ever publicly bashing him. Media experts say it’s dangerously ‘unethical‘ to give them TV news punditry gigs.

Andrew Kirell

08.17.18 2:58 PM ET

Daily Beast

• And Team Trump has shown a willingness to try to enforce that comically harsh agreement. On Tuesday, they filed an arbitration action against ex-aide Omarosa Manigault-Newman for releasing recordings of her conversations with the president. And earlier this year, Trump threatened to sue former top strategist Steve Bannon for telling Fire & Fury author Michael Wolff that the president “won’t make it” beyond one term.
  •  
  • And yet, not only do former Trump staffers—bound by a draconian NDA—routinely appear as pundits across cable and broadcast news networks, but at least five ex-Trump staffers are paid by the networks

What do I think?  I think whatever forces they bring to bear would have to be far better equipped than the US National Guard, never mind the Army, Air Force, and Marines.  I would be extremely dubious that our armed services would muster behind Trump, which would put this would-be insurrection at a severe disadvantage.  Yes, it would be ugly and yes, there would be a LOT of casualties, but it would wind up being a lot of money wasted ... something the likes of the Kochs and Mr. Adelson seem to be reasonably adept at.

Anything is possible but I agree with Loren on this. I'm also kicking around the idea that if everything continues to go wrong for Trump and he is forced out he might even apply for Russian citizenship just to protect himself. I tell this to people and they say Putin doesn't need him, etc. Being a Russian citizen does not mean you have to move there and live there. Steven Segal is one example. There are others too. If this becomes a fact it changes a lot of lawsuit possibilities altogether, and that would be the point. 

Are we going to have a civil war over Trump moves and ideas? Some say it is a great possibility. I think this is why everyone treads so slowly on what goes on right now. The Kocks, Adelson, and Mercers likely don't give a damn. Divide everyone and get that food stamp money back to the top 1 percent. 

To Loren's point, my favorite gadfly Charlie Pierce weighed in just this afternoon in his blog about retired Admiral William McRaven, quoting this from an article McRaven wrote in the WAPO:

• Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency. Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs. A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself. Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

Pierce goes on to say

• . . . It has driven the president* to dig himself even deeper into the hole; on Friday, he waved his mighty sword at the other people on his new enemies list, particularly Bruce Ohr. It certainly helped embolden other dissenters among former intelligence officials and military officers. It appears that the entire military-intelligence alumni association is in open revolt.
  • . . . And even though the idea of intelligence officials and military officers, retired or otherwise, combining to condemn the civilian political leaders of the country gives me the willies, that doesn't mean they aren't worth listening to, or that, out in the open, they can't present a formidable political force. The president* may have picked a fight this time the dimensions of which we don't yet know.

No, you're not paranoid.

I'm not trying to be rude but really this obsession with Trump is not healthy, go outside play with your cats or even take a walk on a beach

But, ICO, I am an OC.

To read Robert’s Rules of Order, which I have done several times, requires OC.

= = = = = = =

Yeah, ICO; I’m spoofing. I’ve read your posts and folks in your part of the world have problems worse than ours. 

I’m a realist. Trump is giving Americans and America’s long-time allies educations we and they need.

Many of America’s billionaires are sociopaths, without consciences.

the War in Syria was orchestrated by Obama and Hillary Clinton, Obama threw more whistleblowers than all presidents before him combined. no one seems to criticise Obama.

anyway I hope you a nice day

No one seems to criticize Obama? On your planet maybe.

Agreed, Bertold. Those on the left criticize their own all of the time. Consider the ongoing war in the Democratic party between Bernie followers and Corporate Democrats. The GOP is supine, collectively not even daring to challenge a Republican president when there's obvious criminal and treasonous behavior.

The big problem I have with Obama is that he is no longer president. Now a maniac is POTUS instead.

Imaginary Cat Owner, I strongly disagree with your position. If we all go outside, play with our cat, or take a walk on a beach, we are as ostriches with heads in the sand. Ignoring a problem does not solve it, nor does denying it! 

The task is to name the problem, identify the goal, explore options, develop action plans, take action, and evaluate the outcome. Doing anything less is sophomoric twaddle, similar to praying 

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion GOP Embraces Blatant Lies and Deranged Role Model in the group No Nonsense
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo liked Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion GOP Embraces Blatant Lies and Deranged Role Model
3 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
5 hours ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"About to enjoy an evening of music with Richard Starkey. "You know it don't come easy!""
9 hours ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"About to enjoy an evening of music with Richard Starkey. "You know it don't come easy!""
9 hours ago
Bertold Brautigan commented on Loren Miller's group Quotations – Momentous, Memorable, Meaningful
11 hours ago

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service