I wanted to put this question out there to see how strongly everyone feels on this subject. Being that most of us trust in scientific fact and reasoning, I was wondering if everyone is absolutely, undeniably, 100% sure that a god doesn't exist.  I personally take into account that there is no proof of any cosmic creator so therefore I am about 99.9999% sure that there is no god. However we all agree that science is an ever evolving field and I don't think that there will ever be any proof to support the existence of a supreme being, but I can't be 100% sure until there is concrete proof against one. I would like to know what all of your thoughts on this.  

Views: 14457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably why the catholics don't like girls.

She might even be FABULOUS!  [ROFLMAO!!!]

You think she is less than he, or gay shoud burn in hell????

You totally  miss the point  Rick.........No one knows  what gender  God is  or what sexual  preference.......Because   no one has seen this entity........ 

The New Testament god is most likely male; he knocked up a mortal woman.

@Craigart.....No  way.....The mailman  did it........

Well, you're assuming a "virgin birth" requires male penetration, which of course leads to further questions . . . 

Hi Bertold......Actually,  back in the day  of Jesus Christ, I do believe  that  was the only  way  for a woman  to get  pregnant...Artificial  insemination is  a 20th century innovation......Which is why a virgin  birth  back then is so  hilarious...

Also not very original; there were various gods prior to JC who achieved birth on earth sans sex, by hook or by crook, nudge nudge wink wink. They didn't have modern toilet seats then either, so this is the deepest of mysteries!

How about this for size?

We can not be utterly certain of the non-existence of any insane and contrived story so who gives a fuck if it there is some incalculable allowance for its coincidence with the story?

I am 100% sure, that if there is some kind of creator, it is not one described in any of the 'holy' texts through out the world. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBCFQtDLPA0

I have not heard or read this Sagan piece before. It is powerful and so very timely. Thank you for sharing. 

How would you like to be addressed? Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish seems so formal! 

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service