I wanted to put this question out there to see how strongly everyone feels on this subject. Being that most of us trust in scientific fact and reasoning, I was wondering if everyone is absolutely, undeniably, 100% sure that a god doesn't exist.  I personally take into account that there is no proof of any cosmic creator so therefore I am about 99.9999% sure that there is no god. However we all agree that science is an ever evolving field and I don't think that there will ever be any proof to support the existence of a supreme being, but I can't be 100% sure until there is concrete proof against one. I would like to know what all of your thoughts on this.  

Views: 14473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A photo would prove virginity? A photo of what? Certainly not that virginity.

Yeah, Paul, I'm spoofing. Sometimes I too explain things too hastily.

Which reminds me of the new girl in my eighth grade class. Her name was Virginia so we called her Virgin for short but not for long.

Luara.....How on earth can a Miracle  be verifiable.....By its  own definition nothing  can explain  a miracle ......One  just  has  to believe....Which  explains  why Non believers totally  disregard  so called  Miracles .   Any verifiable  miracle  wouldn't  actually be  a miracle   after all........

How on earth can a Miracle  be verifiable

Can you think of examples where a miracle might occur, that really was verifiable?  Believers claim miracles all the time, but the trouble is the stories never quite pan out.  Can you imagine a situation where the story would pan out? 

Any verifiable  miracle  wouldn't  actually be  a miracle   after all

How's that?

If a miracle  was  verifiable then  it would be reality and  why  would you call it a miracle?....To be verifiable  you need proof  that something happened  in nature...so therefore what ever  happened  was normal  and not a miracle......

I could never be 100% sure, there are so many things I don't know. But I am 100% that none of the Gods proposed by humans thus far are real. I would say I'm about 95% sure there is no God, simply by the fact that it has never had anything to do with humanity.

There is probably a cockroach.

yes Craig  there probably is  a cockroach...It is verifiable after all......

I deny the existence of gods, but I wonder why so many people here capitalize the g in the word.

Or worse yet - G_d. Give me a freakin break, at least spell the g_ddamn word.

My guess is that whoever  posts  that is trying  to be respectful...After all we  should  not denigrate those who believe....We must  agree to disagree....Although  we should  never  give up trying to educate those  who believe in  such  fantasy...

I have a threshold for respect, and writing G-d instead of God is beyond it. Sorry, but I'm just trying to imagine that conversation with God .... "Well Joe, I've been weighing your good and bad characteristics to determine whether you will spend eternity in bliss or torment. I see here that you do give to charity, but that you cheated on your wife twice. I'm willing to overlook the adultery, on account of your church attendance, but what's this business about spelling my name with all three letters on your blog? I'm sorry son, but I'm afraid you're going to hell."

Is there really a need to freak out about it? 

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service