Not sure where else to put this, so...

Since I tend to have knee-jerk reactions, I won't post my thoughts about this right now, except to say I'm mad... and disappointed. I think Jon utterly and completely missed the point... in fact, it's almost as if he misses the point intentionally.

But that's just me...

Culture War Update - The Dividening of America - American Atheists ...

(If you can't see it, I don't know how to help you. I don't know how to download video clips from the Daily Show website. If I did, I'd put this on YouTube. If you know, please... tell me...)

Views: 1515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you guys are all pissed about it, do what I did.  Send him an email explaining these things to him.  Just send your emails to thedailyshow(at)comedycentral(dot)com.  I sent him an email the first sunday after this episode aired.
Hell, I even suggested in the email that he get David Silverman on his show.  If enough of us wrote him emails saying this, he'd have to listen.  I don't think he actually attacked atheists, it just came off like that for some people, especially since he cited Fox News as his only source of information for the story.  Fox News sides with the conservatives on everything, of course they're gonna try and make atheists look bad.
So we must 'win points' from people now. This implies we are playing a game. Many of us are convinced we must play this game of points. But maybe we shouldn't. I for one have reached my limit. I will speak my atheist mind whenever it suits me. I've lived most of my life trying to fit into their little game of points. I've decided that I don't like the game anymore. If I am being 'dickish', well, so be it. Dicks make babies. And come to think of it, if I am being dickish to you, you're probably an asshole and you're fucked. Reasoned riposte.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service