...America was making some progress towards becoming a secular nation, what with all our many secular/atheist organizations, you realize what an uphill climb the progress of reason will be.  The forces of ignorance are implacable and relentless.  I pass on this item from a friend's Facebook page:

An unconscionable mixing of church and state.  And shouldn't it be a crime to teach children lies/?  The Bible is mostly a bunch of primitive garbage, whereas the Constitution is based on far more enlightened sources.  The vast difference between the two documents is evident from reading them, but that would require inquisitiveness and doubt, which religion specifically forbids.  And it's too much effort. 

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely phenomenal.  It makes me wonder: is Texas so ignorant and dedicated to this brand of biblical obsession that its most fervent believers have to resort to such things in order to salve their own doubt about what they want to perceive as reality?

If this hasn't been challenged, I suspect it will be.  Indeed, this is AronRa's backyard, and if there is anything he can do about it, I fully expect him to be all over this like white on rice!

Fundamentalist religious belief is held in place by an exceedingly powerful groupthink.  Pious behavior and correct speech are the path to belonging (and are the glue that holds cults together).

There are Orthodox Jews who doubt or even reject orthodoxy, but they keep it to themselves.  

The idea that America is founded on Biblical principles is laughable, but held true and unquestioned by millions, and not just in Texas..

Yes, a hemorrhoid.  If Florida is the penis, it works!.

This to me is the true horror of religion: it allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions what only lunatics could believe on their own.
-- Sam Harris

That says it all....thanks, Loren.  

Texas is a hemorrhoid on the ass of America.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service