First, let me get this off of my chest. To compare this slut to Rosa Parks warrants me calling her such a name. She broke the law! Plus, she stepped over the bounds of church and state  division. Now, let's look at Mrs. Woods record for following Biblical scripture.

"Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And she divorce her husband marries another man, she commits adultery." Mark 10:2-12

"Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man that marries a divorced woman commits adultery." Luke: 16-18

"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith." Malachi: 2:16
"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife,  except for marital unfaithfulness and marries another woman commits adultery." Mathew 19: 8-9
For such a righteous person, apparently her own marital status is certainly in question under the biblical parable. Many Christians try to argue an escape clause in the Bible. THERE IS! Now back to this woman. A victory for Christianity? Since 75% of the country is CHRISTIAN, what is the issue. Is it that Christians are having their feet held to the fire on their on behavior. She works for the state! She is under oath to carry out the laws of the state. I she swore an oath she is in trouble under biblical principle. If she pretended to swear in, then she is dishonest..
Although the circumstances are different, Jesus made it clear regarding taxes when trying the Pharisees tried to trapped him regarding paying taxes, but Jesus had an answer as he said, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesars and unto God what is God's.

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Parthenogenesis, probably!

Makes perfect sense.

LOL!

Your first paragraph nails it. (No pun intended; Davis should not become a martyr!) She broke the law, and went out of her way to prevent her deputies from doing her job for her.

David L. Caster, commenting at Joe.My.God. (before Davis was jailed for contempt of court, and then released this week, with a strict warning not to interfere with her office issuing marriage licenses), explained why bringing up her religious hypocrisy -- while a factor in the court of public opinion -- actually helps those who'd like to entangle church and state:

The situation is actually much worse than anybody seems to have understood.

Notice how the debate has changed. Staver et al and his Liberty Counsel have managed to single-handedly shift the debate from a purely legal one to a question of Biblical morality. Even Dan Savage fell for it.

This is one of the most insidious attacks on our secular system in decades. When Dan Savage, Steve Kornacki, and even others here have been sucked into the plot by adopting the terminology and rhetoric of Christianist morality and opprobrium then we have lost touch with our secular ideals.

All of the marital "sins" of Davis are irrelevant. She has refused to do her job. She is in defiance of federal courts and has thumbed her nose at the laws of the United States and her own state. These are sufficient reasons for her to be removed from office and charged with contempt of court and jailed if necessary.

We must never arrive at a point where the contents of any sacred text come into testimony for the purposes of denying anyone their rights or to defend breaking the law. Yes, LC and the rest of the Antigay Industry will raise money on this but the real damage is to political discourse and the way we see the law.

(Bolding is mine. When you hit the link, give it a few seconds for the comments to load.)

Can she be impeached? I'm serious.

She can be impeached but the cost is prohibitive. And it would probably fail in the end because ky is a very, very, red state. You can look at our election maps and see a few little pockets of blue around Louisville and Lexington. But the majority are red. I was redistricted from my voting poll of fifteen years last time because it was the one small area that has a large democrat base. We now have to drive to a poll that's 15miles out of the way. Who wants to do that?

OMG! Comparing this woman to Rosa Parks shows me that the ones doing the comparison had no idea what the Rosa Parks incident was all about. This is an ignornt woman who tried to use her religion to get everyone else to practice her religion. Would the same circumstances have went so well for her if she did this same thing and was Islamic? I doubt it, and that's soemthing that the Christians do not see.

Then we have Huckabee and others coming to her aid, etc. These people are pandering for votes. If it wasn't for that fact nobody in the public eye would have gave a tinkers dam about Kim Davis. She broke the law. That just about says it all.

Political hay stills is being loads just as the mounds of bullshit. The is another media generated piece that wasn't worthy of a couple graffs on the inside pages. I am also tired of the Hillary Clinton thing. Drop it already or do something about it, otherwise let this bullshit drop.

Steve Sack's editorial cartoon is perfect:

(On the bus headed to JUSTICE) Rosa Parks: “I'm sitting in front because discrimination is wrong.” Kim Davis: “I'm sitting in front so no GAYS can get on.”

Man ... could you get any more black and white (literally and figuratively) than that?

Amen! Of course, many of these comments come from bonifide Confederate flaggers who this act is comparable. They believe that if Rosa Parks could do it, then they are entitled. Of course, a simple reading of the country's founding documents would change that, but we all know that is a silly suggestion. I apologize.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service