First, let me get this off of my chest. To compare this slut to Rosa Parks warrants me calling her such a name. She broke the law! Plus, she stepped over the bounds of church and state  division. Now, let's look at Mrs. Woods record for following Biblical scripture.

"Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And she divorce her husband marries another man, she commits adultery." Mark 10:2-12

"Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man that marries a divorced woman commits adultery." Luke: 16-18

"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith." Malachi: 2:16
"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife,  except for marital unfaithfulness and marries another woman commits adultery." Mathew 19: 8-9
For such a righteous person, apparently her own marital status is certainly in question under the biblical parable. Many Christians try to argue an escape clause in the Bible. THERE IS! Now back to this woman. A victory for Christianity? Since 75% of the country is CHRISTIAN, what is the issue. Is it that Christians are having their feet held to the fire on their on behavior. She works for the state! She is under oath to carry out the laws of the state. I she swore an oath she is in trouble under biblical principle. If she pretended to swear in, then she is dishonest..
Although the circumstances are different, Jesus made it clear regarding taxes when trying the Pharisees tried to trapped him regarding paying taxes, but Jesus had an answer as he said, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesars and unto God what is God's.

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve Sack's editorial cartoon is perfect:

(On the bus headed to JUSTICE) Rosa Parks: “I'm sitting in front because discrimination is wrong.” Kim Davis: “I'm sitting in front so no GAYS can get on.”

Man ... could you get any more black and white (literally and figuratively) than that?

Amen! Of course, many of these comments come from bonifide Confederate flaggers who this act is comparable. They believe that if Rosa Parks could do it, then they are entitled. Of course, a simple reading of the country's founding documents would change that, but we all know that is a silly suggestion. I apologize.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service