I think it's time for Atheists to join STEM scientists and athletes in nonviolent protest of racial injustice and white supremacy.

US scientists take a knee to protest racism

Across the US, scientists have posted pictures to social media as part of the #ScientistsTakeAKnee campaign.

In pictures, videos and messages posted to social media on Tuesday (26.09.17), scientists in the United States joined an online debate highlighting racial injustice in the country.

Under the hashtag #ScientistsTakeAKnee, people or groups connected to the "STEM" fields of science, technology, engineering and math documented themselves as they dropped down to one knee in solidarity with African-Americans.

Take a knee: Dozens of NFL players stage biggest protest yet in res...

We too can should use social media to demonstrate that the hate speech coming from our government doesn't represent us. I'm not proud of our country right now.

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am more than willing to listen and consider.  Post them here so we can all consider them together, or start a new thread if you feel it takes this one off topic.

Tom don't know if you saw my question above:

"I commend and respect your service, Tom.  So you are literally saying when you have occasion to be at a ceremony or sports event or whatever and the national anthem is played you remain seated?  I'm not playing "gotcha" if you say "yes" then I respect you and I would be willing to punch in the face anyone who wants to force you to stand up."

I saw your question, Jerry. I didn't want you to feel obligated to punch yourself.

Ah, good one.  Wouldn't be the first time.  Well, I find it interesting.  I've been to a lot of sporting events and have never seen anyone not stand up.  How did people around you react?  Did you get a lot of dirty looks?  Anyone say anything?

On matter #2, Michael.

Jim Morin Image source

I'm ex-military and there are times I remain seated. Not so when I was a soldier. Then we have this whole "right hand over the heart" thing. More than not the hand covers the left breast and pectoral area. Is that where my heart is?

This American brief ceremony is much like communion except that it is not religious. Wait. Maybe it is religious. That's why people are so pissed off about taking a knee. Maybe Trump knew what he was doing when he started this.

Do we have diverted attention yet?

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service