Libertarianism: an abject moral and ethical failure, IMO

What do you tell a guy who is sick, goes into a coma and doesn't have health insurance? Who pays for his coverage? Are you saying society should just let him die?

That’s the question put to Representative Ron Paul (R-Texas) by Wolf Blitzer in the closing moments of Monday night’s Tea Party Express/CNN GOP Debate.

Before Paul could answer, several members of the Tea Party laden audience enthusiastically shouted out “Yeah!”

Yeah, let him die! Yeah!

Nobody in the crowd objected.

And then, right there, you got to see exactly who and what Ron Paul really is.

Read:  Brothers Keeper

Views: 859

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've wondered that for years, guys.

indeed,we are trapped in plato's cave.  and thanks clive for the excellent free pneumonia treatment i got when i took sick during a visit to england.

I'm hoping I can manage to get out of the US. Where did you escape to? I spent a year in Germany while I was at university and for the first time in my life not only experienced what it was like to have healthcare but experienced a working mostly efficient healthcare system where no one has to worry about a health issue ruining their lives.
The Middle East. It's not something I would actually advocate for others to do, really I want to be in Germany or somewhere in Western Europe, but I ended up getting really lucky over there. It's not something I wanted to do for long though. I have been all over the Middle East, and there are some truly beautiful, wonderful places over there, only not where I lived. I have as yet never been to Western Europe, excluding a few layovers in Heathrow and Paris, and it is still my dream to settle down there for the rest of my life.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service