Regardless of the political leanings of Loughner, who is probably psychotic, virtually all of the commentators that incited him were of the right wing - the Palins, Paladinos, Cantors, Mitchells, Limbaughs,O'Reilly's, Bachmanns, Becks, Robertsons, Grahams etc etc.  It goes on and on and on. There is nothing comparable to this amount of irresponsible, lockstep and reckless inciting of violence on the left.

Views: 285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another nutjob.

The man who murdered prominent abortionist George Tiller said Thursday that the decision to do so was the “most agonizing and most stressful” he’s ever had to make. “[A]nd it took years to come to this conclusion,” 52-year-old Scott Roeder said at his sentencing, “especially with the knowledge I may never see my son, my daughter or my family again.”

Dr. Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission denounced the killing of the abortion provider as “unbiblical, unchristian and un-American.”

NATIONAL RIGHT TO LIFE CONDEMNS THE KILLING

OF DR. GEORGE TILLER

WASHINGTON – The National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), the nation’s largest pro-life group, today condemned the killing of Dr. George Tiller.  The following statement may be attributed to NRLC Executive Director, David N. O’Steen, Ph.D.:

National Right to Life extends its sympathies to Dr. Tiller’s family over this loss of life.

Further, the National Right to Life Committee unequivocally condemns any such acts of violence regardless of motivation.  The pro-life movement works to protect the right to life and increase respect for human life.  The unlawful use of violence is directly contrary to that goal.

The National Right to Life Committee has always been involved in peaceful, legal activities to protect human lives threatened by abortion, infanticide and euthanasia.  We always have and will continue to oppose any form of violence to fight the violence of abortion.  NRLC has had a policy of forbidding violence or illegal activity by its staff, directors, officers, affiliated state organizations and chapters.  NRLC’s sole purpose is to protect innocent human life.

NRLC will continue to work through educational and legislative activities to ensure the right to life for unborn children, people with disabilities and older people.  NRLC will continue to work for peaceful solutions to aid pregnant women and their unborn children. These solutions involve helping women and their children and do not involve violence against anyone.

UPDATE: More:

Washington, D.C. – Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser offered the following statement in response to the death of abortionist George Tiller as the result of a morning attack by an unidentified gunman today:

“The Susan B. Anthony List condemns this anti-life act in the strongest of terms. The heart of the pro-life movement is one founded in love. Without this driving powerful center no justice can possibly be achieved.  Authentic progress in women’s rights has always encompassed the protection of human rights of every person across the board. The rights of one human being can never be honored by diminishing or ignoring the rights of another. This week as we gather for our annual June Tea event, themed Love Lets Live, we will lift up George Tiller’s loved ones in prayer.”

And more:

Washington, D.C. – News reports today have announced that Kansas late-term abortionist George Tiller was shot and murdered this morning as he entered church.

Tony Perkins, President of Family Research Council, had this to say:

“We are stunned at today’s news. As Christians we pray and look toward the end of all violence and for the saving of souls, not the taking of human life. George Tiller was a man who we publicly sought to stop through legal and peaceful means. We strongly condemn the actions taken today by this vigilante killer and we pray for the Tiller family and for the nation that we might once again be a nation that values all human, both born and unborn.”

I've already answered this charge.  See my previous posts certainty versus likelihood.
The gun pointed at Bush's head doesn't suggest violence?
Was it real or a poster?  If it is real I stand corrected.  If it is a poster then I already mentioned that there is violent rhetoric on both sides.
I don't respond to adhominen attacks, Binker.
Truth hurts.
Some forms of speech are illegal.  Free speech is not an absolute right.  I don't know if we should outlaw violent rhetoric or not. (Inciting violence is I believe illegal.) But we should certainly have the right to criticize it.
But show me how the liberal and progressive leaders supported and encouraged the incidents posted by Binker.  In his own post it states that   "But alas, Frank Rich and Paul Krugman’s columns decrying the insane rage and hate of the May Day angry mob got lost in the mail".  On the other hand the far right leaders universally supported the inflammatory rhetoric of the Palins, Limbaughs, Wests, Hannity's, O'Reilly's, and these politicians and commentators views were carried to millions and millions of viewers by the intimidated media. 
And show me where the righties you mention support and encourage destructive, violent, or murderous behavior.

"I tell people don't kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus - living fossils - so we will never forget what these people stood for."

- Rush Limbaugh, Denver Post, 12-29-95

"Get rid of the guy. Impeach him, censure him, assassinate him."

- Rep. James Hansen (R-UT), talking about President Clinton

"We're going to keep building the party until we're hunting Democrats with dogs."

- Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX), Mother Jones, 08-95

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building."

- Ann Coulter, New York Observer, 08-26-02

"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

- Ann Coulter, at the Conservative Political Action Conference, 02-26-02

"Chelsea is a Clinton. She bears the taint; and though not prosecutable in law, in custom and nature the taint cannot be ignored. All the great despotisms of the past - I'm not arguing for despotism as a principle, but they sure knew how to deal with potential trouble - recognized that the families of objectionable citizens were a continuing threat. In Stalin's penal code it was a crime to be the wife or child of an 'enemy of the people.' The Nazis used the same principle, which they called Sippenhaft, 'clan liability.' In Imperial China, enemies of the state were punished 'to the ninth degree': that is, everyone in the offender's own generation would be killed and everyone related via four generations up, to the great-great-grandparents, and four generations down, to the great-great-grandchildren, would also be killed."

- John Derbyshire, National Review, 02-15-01

"Two things made this country great: White men & Christianity. The degree these two have diminished is in direct proportion to the corruption and fall of the nation. Every problem that has arisen (sic) can be directly traced back to our departure from God's Law and the disenfranchisement of White men."

- State Rep. Don Davis (R-NC), emailed to every member of the NorthCarolina House and Senate, reported by the Fayetteville Observer, 08-22-01

I can use Google, too:

•National Public Radio legal affairs correspondent Nina Totenberg:[I]f there is retributive justice [Sen. Jesse Helms] will get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it.

•Members of the St. Petersburg Democratic Club:And then there’s Rumsfeld who said of Iraq “We have our good days and our bad days.” We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say “This is one of our bad days” and pull the trigger.

•Director Spike Lee on Charlton Heston:Shoot him with a .44 caliber Bulldog.

•James Carville on Ken Starr:He’s one more mistake away from not having any kneecaps.

•Actor Alec Baldwin on Conan O’Brien:[I]f we were in other countries, we would all right now, all of us together, all of us together would go down to Washington and we would stone Henry Hyde to death! We would stone him to death! [crowd cheers] Wait! Shut up! Shut up! No shut up! I’m not finished. We would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and we’d kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families.

•Huffington Post blogger Tony Hendra wished for Dick Cheney to die:O Lord, give Dick Cheney’s Heart, Our Sacred Secret Weapon, the strength to try one more time! For greater love hath no heart than that it lay down its life to rid the planet of its Number One Human Tumor.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion GOP Embraces Blatant Lies and Deranged Role Model in the group No Nonsense
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo liked Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion GOP Embraces Blatant Lies and Deranged Role Model
2 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"About to enjoy an evening of music with Richard Starkey. "You know it don't come easy!""
9 hours ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"About to enjoy an evening of music with Richard Starkey. "You know it don't come easy!""
9 hours ago
Bertold Brautigan commented on Loren Miller's group Quotations – Momentous, Memorable, Meaningful
10 hours ago

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service