I was doing something important, when I got one of those news posts that made me stop my important task (finishing off my bottle of wine.) and take no

tice. Those Right Wing idiots are now crying about the “Criminalization of Christianity” after a federal judge jailed Kentucky clerk Kim Davis for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

If Kim can’t do the job she was hired to do, then she should quit. Only politicians give a shit about Kim and once they figure out that Kim’s jailing won’t make a difference, they’ll find another windmill to joust. Two pharmacists also refused to issue birth control and the morning after pill because of their religious beliefs. This is still a democracy and people are allowed their opinion despite differences in belief and behavior.

Employees serve at the behest of their employer, not the other way around. Those who feel that strongly about a particular issue should step down or quit their job. Perhaps, employers and politicians might do well to understand the groups they belittle have 9 million votes to not vote for them. Christianity is not the issue, it is the use of religion to block another’s rights, As a side bar, it should be noted that Ms. Wood has been married four times. Oops! “If you can’t stand the heat—get out of the kitchen.”

Views: 950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dyslexic's DOG,, I didn't want to go there, but you said what I was thinking. However, I think others considering marriage might consider marital expertise. They say the fourth time around is the charm. Or is that the fifth time. Maybe it's the third time. I was never good with numbers.

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" [Matthew 22:21] Perhaps, Mrs Davis is unfamiliar with this quotation from the Bible and when and how it was used.It is a direct reference to secularity and it's relationship with Christianity. Although the verse has been applied a number of non Christian applications, it still means much the same. Religion? A red herring foor political gain.

A recall! I like that.

This is Kentucky, folks. There's a pretty good chance she would survive a recall, just like sleazoid Scott Walker did in Wisconsin.

I'd love to be making 80 large a year to spend my time with my thumb up my tailbone, doing shit which takes about as much brainpower as it takes to sneeze (if that much).  Freaking spoiled brat thinks she can pull this kind of crap because she's in Kentucky and the Born Again-ers will have her back, eh?  WRONGO!

So yeah, Kimmy - shut up and do your motherfucking job!

A recall election during an election year in Kentucky? I'm afraid that will never happen my friends. People are already saying it will be too expensive. And the right wing is salivating with excitement over this religious, four times married, three times divorced, crazy woman, defying the courts who demand that she do her damned job. I'm sure the collection plates at her church are overflowing with support.
I know the governor is running for re-election. What I can't recall or get signal out to learn is how many offices fall into this years cycle. Since I haven't seen any ads for local elections l believe we have those during presidential elections. I'm still trying to get signal out to be sure.
As I always add; l may be wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

WOULD somebody who actually gets a reliable signal help me out please??
Mitch McConnell's seat for senator won't be open until 2020.

Jack Conway is the democratic candidate for governor in Nov and is running ads bragging about suing Obama previously for something. Probably the affordable care act. I can't keep up with these fools!

You are correct. Didn't they send Mitchie Boy back to Congress. Tooter Turtle!

Old Tooter's Turtle's place.

I posted this in another forum a minute ago and it was off topic for that one. I'll try it here.

I'm reading that a small Texas town is placing "In God We Trust" on their police cars and that Missouri will soon follow. They say this is because there have been a lot of cop killing recently. This way they are showing support and also being patriotic at the same time. I'm not buying that. Now if you say you are doing this to show support for Kim Davis it makes a lot more sense. I believe that is what they are really doing here.

Michael, the Sheriff's Department already did it in Jefferson County, Illinois. 1 hour drive east of St. Louis. They claim (and I don't believe it) that the bumper stickers were 'donated.' It has been protested by a local atheist group. However, I suspect no amount of logic or rationality, short of a lawsuit, will change it. Even there, since that phrase is on US currency, I doubt a lawsuit will change it either.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service