Merry Holidays: Signs You're Being Persecuted for Your Religion

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's silly to insist that we say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays" or whatever. I have Jewish friends. Am I supposed to say "Merry Christmas" to them (and recommend that they go see "The Passion of the Christ" to learn why I should hate them for crucifying our profit (cq.)." After all, "Happy Holidays" embraces both Jewish and Christian traditions. Which is why I am using a "new" label for the holidays. Whereas previously I had called the season "X-Mess" I now call it "Yule." That introduces a pagan element, and if I were a religious person I would definitely be a pagani.

Back in the eighties a Frank Burns (of MASH fame) clone was running for mayor against a somewhat flamboyant tavern owner who was known about Portland for appearing as a flasher  in a poster  with the caption "Expose yourself to art." The geek applied (or possibly even coined) the term "born again pagan" to decry his opponent. Of course it was Portland, so the tavern owner won. I think the epithet helped.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service