COX'S BAZAR, Bangladesh (Reuters) - Hundreds of Muslims in Bangladesh burned at least four Buddhist temples and 15 homes of Buddhists on Sunday after complaining that a Buddhist man had insulted Islam, police and residents said.

Reuters news article

This is just so insanely out of control.  Where are the cries of outrage and condemnation from so-called peace-loving Muslims?  Where are the cries of outrage from Jesus-loving mainstream christians?  It seems that atheists and human rights groups are the only people who have the courage and moral conviction to speak up?  I'm angered that mainstream religious people sit in silence while fundamentalist factions of their same belief systems commit crimes against humanity.  A few elected government officials have spoken up recently, but I hear nothing but silence from the pious masses.        

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are right.  I wonder if the Imams are stirring up violence.  Not just "flash mobs" appearing out of nowhere, spontaneous and unplanned, but incited by bloodthirsty, power hungry, sadistic hate-filled imams.  Plus, with poor economies and poor education - some of it in madrassas? - people are easily manipulated.  Especially blood thirsty, torch-wielding, sexually repressed sheep.

I think it's the latter.  The press doesn't comment on that much.

I mean really.  One Buddhist man supposedly insults islam in some way (how) and the "punishment" is to terrorize a community, burn 4 temples, and 15 homes?  

Pathetic tribalistic, violent behavior.  The Abrahamic religions are not religions of peace.

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner!  Pat, you've expressed in a nutshell exactly what is taking place in the religious community.  Well stated. 

RSS

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service