from the newspapers today; 

99.9pc certainty' of Noah's Ark discovery on Mount Ararat

CHINESE and Turkish evangelical explorers believe they may have found Noah's Ark - 4000m up a mountain in Turkey.

The team said it had recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.

"It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it," said Yeung Wing-cheung, a Hong Kong documentary filmmaker and member of the 15-strong team from Noah's Ark Ministries International.

The structure had several compartments, some with wooden beams, which were believed to house animals, he said.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds that one had never been found above 3500m in the vicinity, Mr Yeung said.

Local Turkish officials would ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site could be protected while a major archaeological dig was conducted, he added.

The biblical story says God decided to flood the earth after seeing how corrupt it had become, and told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain. Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants came aground.

==================================

The interesting thing for me is they have used radio carbon dating to confirm the age of the wood discovered, it is basic fundie law that radio carbon dating is flawed so evolution is a lie based on false science.

So by their logic if this is Noah's ark then evolution is correct and the earth is billions of years old or this is not the ark and could just be any old bit of wood ! :-) 

Given that they are a group LOOKING to find an ark I find it hard to believe that their discovery of an ark would be impartial :-) 

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100428-noahs-ark-fo...

There is a you tube vid included here

I am no expert but to me it looks like the remains of an old mine !

the footage they have of the wooden floors does not show any animal dung at all :-)
Lots of bullsh!t scattered round I think :-)
Heheh, the hay surely adds to the ambience.. :D
I thought they found this in the 80's. There is even a museum that opened in 1987 according to this site.

Recognized by Turkish Government as Noah's Ark National Park and a National Treasure. Official notice of its discovery appeared in the largest Turkish newspaper in 1987.

BTW, because it has lots of tourists it must be true! I went to Poseidon's temple in Greece, so by their logic I should give up Thor and go for Poseidon. Damn, the hammer will be sorely missed.
Yeah but Thor has that lighting throwing trick that can put a nasty fuckin' hurt on you.
mmmm just thinking

It is on a mountain side ABOVE 3,500 m high

How did the giraffe get down from there ?
I wonder where the dino's stayed on the ark? Surely the econo cabins would have been a bit small. They'd at least had to have a suite.

this is from the Andy Riley book "Loads More Lies to tell Small Kids"
an essential for any good book collection
I wonder where the dino's stayed on the ark?

Noah was a wise and practical man, and he realized that his ark wouldn't be large enough to have every dinosaur species onboard. That's why he embarked dinosaur eggs instead.

Unfortunately, he forgot to tell his wife. And the dinosaur extinction event happened the very moment she wrote 'omelette' on the crew's menu.
Dr. Randal Price, the team archeologist in 2008, admitted in an email that he thinks it's a hoax, according the the Christian Science Monitor.

According to the Monitor, "...a leaked email from Price – which he confirms that he wrote – shows that he has reason to believe that a group of local Kurdish men trucked wood up to the mountain and staged an elaborate hoax for the Chinese team. A group of Kurdish workers “are said to have planted large wood beams taken from an old structure in the Black Sea area (where the photos were originally taken) at the Mt. Ararat site. … During the summer of 2009 more wood was planted inside a cave at the site. The Chinese team went in the late summer of 2009 (I was there at the time and knew about the hoax) and was shown the cave with the wood and made their film,” Price writes in the email."

Price was concerned that if everyone got excited about finding the Ark and then it turned out to be a hoax, people would think Christian's were gullible... [Insert your own punchline here!]. There are so many things to laugh at in this story it makes it a joy to be an atheist. :)
Christians

gullible ?
Gullible Christians? Noooooooooo! Certainly a team from Noah's Ark Ministries International would be completely and totally OBJECTIVE! I'm sure they took into account every possible explanation for the wood they found. Why...who could argue with such unbiased scientific inquiry? Oh, and did I mention, I'm the biological son of Marilyn Monroe and John F. Kennedy who has the original land title to all of Manhattan.

RSS

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service