My In-Laws took us to a brunch buffet today for 'easter'.  They aren't very religious either, but they're not what you'd call deep-thinkers.  I think they just think everyone celebrates easter, christmas,etc., that's just how it is.  Anyway it's an awesome brunch, and hey, it was free!  So I walked in there thinking if any of them said happy easter, I'd just say something like happy spring or something.  Well she accidentally said happy christmas! lol.  So I just said happy halloween! and we both laughed.  So everytime someone said it to me I said things like happy memorial day, thanksgiving, etc.  Then we came home and took naps.  Nice day!

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol. Maybe she was also an atheist on the spot.

I also went to brunch, it was delish but had to pay.  :(

And I admit I said "Happy Easter" in response to the hostess, oops.   :)

Ecstatic Equinox!

haaghhhh fkn' holidaze.. oooopssss I mean holy'da$e...? ; )

I went to go pick up the kids last night, about an hour and a half's drive to their grandparent's (my wife's late-husband's parents) place outside of Charlotte, NC. Grandpa's actually somewhat of a celebrity in the motor racing biz, he used to be a driver. That's like royalty in North Carolina.

Anyway, I was wearing my Reason Rally hat, with a few pins on it, including the atheist "A". I have no idea if they knew the significance of the hat or the pins, but when Grandma wished me a Happy Easter and gave me a hug, I replied, "and, Happy Spring!". No problems.

I hung out and chatted for a while, heard some great stories from Grandpa and we went home.

I think there is a time and place for

deep thinking; not when you are

drinking and having a good time.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

Idaho Spud posted a video

Tim Minchin | "The Good Book" | w/ Lyrics

"The Good Book" by Tim Minchin *All rights to Tim Minchin* Lyrics: Life is like an ocean voyage and our bodies are the ships And without a moral compass we w...
1 hour ago
Loam Gnome commented on Daniel W's group Godless in the garden
2 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quotations – Momentous, Memorable, Meaningful
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Tom Sarbeck's discussion Science As A Personal Journey
11 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck posted a discussion
11 hours ago
Patricia commented on Daniel W's group Godless in the garden
15 hours ago
Loam Gnome commented on Daniel W's group Godless in the garden
15 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to tom sarbeck's discussion The USA Is Becoming More Secular in An Important Way (Despite the Pessimism of A Few of Us)
15 hours ago

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service