Hello Members:

During loss and tragedy, theists will often say "you are in my thoughts and prayers" to express their support and compassion. What is a good expression for an atheist? Could it be "you are in my heart and mind"? What expression do you use to share your support and compassion?

Thanks in advance for sharing. - Doug

Views: 606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once a preacher noted that love is a verb in a sermon I heard. A parishioner said that he didn't love his wife. The preacher said love is a verb. Love her. This has stayed with me. Simply put he was right. Respond with love you won't go wrong. Some times theist can be absolutely  correct. 

Another word-play: god is not a noun but a verb. 

OK, if god is a verb, then god is action. I interpreted that to mean god, as a noun, does not exist. When I feel the soft breeze of spring, or the warmth of the sun, or the joy of being with someone I love, or eating raspberry jam on my toast, the experiences of being alive and conscious of my senses provides me participation of joy. 

Here in earthquake country, when I feel the soft breeze of spring and the warmth of the sun, I figure Ma and Pa Nature are doing their mischief somewhere else.

Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service