Alright heathens, its time for passions to ignite over whether this Health Care Reform is the best thing in the last 40 years or is going to tear America apart at the seems.  In return for your opinion, I will share some funny.

Tags: care, health, obamacare, reform

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most people in canada and brittain are perfectly happy with thier healthcare. More importantly they are more healthy than americans and they spend less money on heathcare. The problem with are healthcare system is this: healthcare companies collect money from healthy people. This is how they profit. If you get sick they view you as cutting into thier profit and they figure out the cheapest way to deal with your problem not the best way. As long as sombody is trying to make money healthcare will never be good. Certain thing are worth doing for thier own sake like taking care of others. By saying you dont want to pay for people who dont works heathcare you are simplly being selfish and terribly misguided. No one chooses where thier tax money goes the government does. We all pay for lots of things we dont like. I dont drive but i pay for your highways so you can work. I dont have kids but i pay for public schools. Im a healthy person i work out dont drink or smoke but i pay for fat ass drunk smokers perscription drugs. Its called being a citizen and a patriot. Its thr basis of our society. If you couldnt work i wouldnt mind helping to pay for your healthcare, so your just being an a-hole when you say stuff like that . Plus its a straw man 

lot ov docs in Canadian come usa get any thing done!! i dont like glen  beck show he to boring for me

I'm fine with the healthcare reform as long as it is paid for by cutting spending in other areas, preferably a reduction in defense spending.  I don't think it does enough to really fix the problems, though.  In my opinion, we should get away from employer-based healthcare.  Why should the quality of your healthcare plan be determined by where you work?  I also think that healthcare insurance should only cover the unexpected high cost problems that arise.  It shouldn't cover things like routine physicals and checkups, a 5-minute visit to the doctor when you have a cold, etc. 
i thiink way have all ready best we have  dos not need be redone
Best if you have money.
Not to mention that employer based healthcare gives companies incentives to only hire part-time workers in order to avoid having to pay for their healthcare. The result is millions of people holding down multiple part-time jobs, working 40+ hours a week, and still not getting healthcare.
And causes companies to discriminate against people based on age, body type and gender (women are more expensive to insure because they *might* get pregnant).
It seems reasonable to me to price insurance according to the risk it is covering. So, if there is a reason that a particular person has a higher risk of liability, it's appropriate to charge more to issue insurance to take over that liability. To do otherwise would turn insurance from a business into a "right".

Obamacare is not even close to what Brits and Canadians have. Obama care is a big give away to the health insurance companies. They get millions of new obligatory customers, prices stay high, and millions still remain un- or underinsured.

True health care reform necessitates the demise of health insurance as we know it. The only way to bring the U.S. up to the standards of Western Europe is through universal coverage for all.

The increased taxes to cover the health care are more than made up in the higher take home pay (no more deductions for health care, and the portion of our compensation that had gone to health care can now go to higher wages); improved health; and longer life.

True health reform also requires longer vacations, shorter work days, greater control over one's working conditions, full maternity and paternity coverage, and subsidies for childcare.

I couldn't agree more.  We all got sold down the river with this watered down hand out to the insurance companies piece of legislation.  The idea of health care for profit only is absurd.  Hospitals and doctors get in the business of helping people and providing mercy because they want to provide that service to people.  Insurance companies get in the business of health insurance to get inbetween the patients and doctors to profit vastly off of that relationship. When an insurance company can deny a medical procedure that is recommended by a doctor, we don't have much of a medical system at all.

Agree 100%, though if we are talking about a choice between Obama's plan and the healthcare system as it looked in 2008, then I'm with Obama.

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service