Oh crap, an intro thread. Better make this not boring...

Hey there,

My name's Danny. I found out about this network through the Friendly Atheist blog, and I figured I'd dip my toes in and see if this community is a good fit.

I've living in NYC since I started law school a few years back, though that was years ago now. For now, I'm doing something to pay the bills and making time for what I do for fun.

As for my beliefs, I go back and forth between calling myself an Atheist or a Humanist, depending on whether I'm thinking about the existence of parental figures in the sky or my belief that we have a moral obligation to do what we can to live well. But then again, I generally shy away from assigning names to my beliefs, and will generally use Atheism as a catch-all phrase for my views.

Let's see... anything else...? I'm also a huge fan of penguins.

Anyways, nice meeting everyone. Hopefully I succeeded in making my intro not suck too hard.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Danny, welcome to AN! I have no interest in penguins :D :D :D :D

It's the thread title that matters :P
I think you're lying. And I can prove it!

:D
That sounds like an awesome idea, but I don't know if I could bring myself to eat it when it's done and adorable. :(
Welcome to A|N!!!!
Welcome to AN, I concur about the penguins.
Or do we?
Welcome to A|N!
No, can't say I care for penguins...

...how about a compromise... perhaps... an otter?

I too use Atheism as a catch-all phrase for my views.
I believe pacing irritably and muttering arguments you intend to have in the future to be good mental and physical exercise. If anyone questions what I'm doing, I simply tell them I'm Atheist.

Not that Atheism is a valid excuse for all of this... but in combination with the pacing and angry muttering to yourself, it does make a good case for insanity, and people I don't want to talk to leave me alone.
Welcome to A|N!

I go back and forth between calling myself an Atheist or a Humanist

I guess I'm not the only one who has troubles defining himself in a single word.
I'm actually a Mac user. I just think that penguins bring joy and happiness wherever they waddle.
Thanks for the welcomes, guys!
Dude, that totally did not suck hard. 8^)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
33 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
36 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Daniel W's discussion Does Humus Exist? New Scientific Evidence Suggests Not. in the group Godless in the garden
44 minutes ago
Joan Denoo posted a video

2016-04-19 My Spokane Garden

0:16
Spring came early this year, and put on quite a show.Lilacs and tulips start the year's performance.
3 hours ago
Profile IconVince, Dan, Katie Holsomback and 1 more joined Atheist Nexus
3 hours ago
Scott Daniel updated their profile
4 hours ago
Daniel W replied to Daniel W's discussion Does Humus Exist? New Scientific Evidence Suggests Not. in the group Godless in the garden
5 hours ago
tom sarbeck replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Eric Hunsader: The Financial System is 'Absolutely, Positively Rigged' in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
6 hours ago

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service