What is your response to those who think websites like these only serve the purpose to organize hate?

Do you think that this site might propogate another 'people of hate' if ideas about religion/religious people are not controlled (or thought through, if ideas are uneducated)? That there might be another 'crusade' where either the relgious or atheists are killed by the other?

This is for Research purposes....

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes of course...the old 'free-speech'...Are you saying that we shouldn't control the KKK let them say whatever they want to whoever they want, or even let them create a society of their own, because our country tolerates free speech....All I'm saying is that with free speech...things can go overboard....
Absolutely. As I repeat often in these forums, the best way to discredit nutjobs is to let them speak freely.

Here however, we need to filter or the place would become unreadable dreck.

I just challenged you to scour the archives and see if you can find any genuine hate here. I doubt you will. This is a rare pocket of true civilisation. You are doing research aren't you ? Research = work.
Well for one, atheists refer to Christians as deluded, unintelligent, they litteraly hate everything that a Christian is for...so what's the difference.
Spit it out - you're a deep cover fundie trying to expose us for the baby eating satanists that you think we are.

Your questions could be answered by studying our archives - you refuse to do so. Instead you are fishing for comments you can use as soundbites in propaganda.

Please convince me I am wrong.
And in case your wondering, it was this little bit of gibberish that stood out like a neon sign above your head -

Antonett Ewan: Well for one, atheists refer to Christians as deluded, unintelligent, they litteraly hate everything that a Christian is for...so what's the difference.

You have to be godless to truly appreciate the sheer dumbness of you regurgitating such rote learnt pap here. Where did you get it ? Evangelism for Dummies ?

That and the fact that your literacy level is probably on par with a 12 year olds.
funk Q: Supression can do more harm than freedom.

It is the mother of conspiracy theories.
No, obviously the idea of free speech is complecated.... what would be your solution tp a group of KKK publishing and selling their own magazine....you would just let it happen because it is 'is free speech'?
Of course. It can only be suppressed if it is a direct incitement to crime, or if it is libelous or discloses information that must be kept secret for national security reasons.
The KKK most likely has a magazine. In general, this jewboy certainly would say yes, they should be allowed to publish their own magazine. But I would not patronize a store that sells it. The problem of banning the KKK magazine is who is going to do the banning. It would be a very bad idea to let the government ban the magazine, because that would set a precedent that would lead to banning a dissident magazine that would criticize the government; the criticism could be of the US policy towards Israel, because it would say it is anti-semetic, which is rarely true.
Are you in favor of regulating what people say? I don't see the KKK as any different than the Westboro Baptist goons, they are both hate and fear mongers and yet, wouldn't suggest that either of them be censored. Of course that's not the same as saying no consequences for hate speech that demonstrably harms.

All I'm saying is that with free speech...things can go overboard....
All I'm saying is...start regulating one group or citizen's right to speech, how long before we live in a police state?
Free speech is just that...FREE no outside restrictions. Any group has the right to put out a magazine, book, website, ANYTHING. No government can be allowed to interfere or censer in any way. This is what we have a free market for. If they write a magazine (lets use the KKK or other Aryan Nation hate babble) that espouses that black people and Jews are inferior, dont buy it, don't shop at a store that sells it, and make sure that you tell the owner of the store why your not shopping there. If no one buys the magazine they wont be able to afford to make it any more.
does the KKK just use their minds and persuasion to change people?...or do they use violence?

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service