Don't open an email alert about coronavirus that seems to be from the World Health Organization.

The WHO has confirmed that phishing emails, camouflaged to appear as sent by WHO officials regarding Coronavirus alert, were being distributed by the cybercriminals.

WHO Warns of Phishing Scams Related to Coronavirus Alert

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks,Ruth. I appreciate the alert!

Thanks, Ruth. This must be similar to the FB phishing ad that claims to be from the 2020 Census. If you click on it you are taken to the cybercriminal's site where you are encouraged to donate to his re-election after you fill out the form. Thank Trump and the GOP for this. Thank Pelosi for demanding that it be removed. Thank Zark Muckerberg and friends for Cambridge Analytic like tactics.

The Internet is drowning in COVID-19-related malware and phishing s...

Emails and websites promise info about the pandemic. In reality, they're shams.

One of the most recent coronavirus hoaxes to come to light is an Android app available at coronavirusapp[.]site. It claims to provide access to a map that provides real-time virus-tracking and information, including heatmap visuals and statistics. In fact, a researcher from DomainTools said, the app is laced with ransomware.

One batch of emails sent to college students poses as official communications from University personnel offering bogus updates about closures and other coronavirus-related news. A variation of this type of email purports to come from employers and targets people who are working from home. In reality, both scams provide links to fake OneDrive or Office365 login screens that capture user credentials.

Possibly this too is happening because of Coronavirus pandemonium. As of yesterday I am getting calls about viruses and computers and the caller is trying to scare you into giving out personal information. Two of these calls claimed Microsoft would charge you $299 to $399 and you could press a number on the phone to make "payment arrangements." The third such call yesterday was a real person who made similar claims and said I probably did not remember him from a year ago. I cussed the SOB and told him not to call me again as I hung up.

What is the significance here? Those that would make money off of you assume that "a virus is a virus" and that in panic you will act accordingly and give them information.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2020   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service