I try mostly to refrain from political debates. Although I can find many legitimate reasons to hold my ground, I can never keep that solid footing once the debate begins. My mind just goes blank. Anyway, I am wondering about the typical political standing for Atheists because I have noticed that the majority of Republicans seem to be fundamentalist Chrsitians. I personally prefer not to side with either, but I must say that I do often find many reasons not to like the Republicans very much. Especially since they seem to believe that you have to agree with them or just get out. Never caught that vibe off any democrat.

So what are you?

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Mr. Woroniecki, for expressing a concept that Americans for some reason have difficulty grasping. Republicans preach a superior doctrine but do not practice what they preach. Democrats promote the Parental State (the nanny state) and with fair consistency, their policies conform to their rhetoric. That makes republicans the more hypocritical of the two.
"less government, lower taxes"

This type thinking is what gave us the following:
1. The most expensive and least effective heath care sytem in the developed world
2. A finanicial system that nearly broke the entire world economy, not to mention my 401K and home value
3. A gulf of Mexico filled with oil

So much for this concept of "Reps ideas better then Dems"
Mr. Larry, I do not agree with this.

This type thinking is what gave us the following:
1. The most expensive and least effective heath care sytem in the developed world

I did had an "opportunity to ENJOY" government run health care system. I know what is it. It is a ticket to the cemetery. If anyone complain an American health care system I recommend to try it for a few years in other countries and then make a statement. My wife and I do have a health insurance and we use as much as we need and trust me - we need. With the health of my wife, she would not be able to work and exists like anyone else back in Poland. Here she work like anybody else and I am not worry for her. In government run health care just to have any medical test you have to wait forever not to mention that you will be able to have only medication, with government insurance approves. I know, that for some people is hard to believe, but myself and millions of other people went trough this "less expensive" health care. About effectiveness of an American health care system and "less expensive" other systems there is no comparison. Others don't even match close. You have to feel a pain before you know what is pain. Sorry, but you wrong.

2. A financial system that nearly broke the entire world economy, not to mention my 401K and home value

The real story about it, people maybe will know sometime in the future. So far read between the lines about. The American politics is not an easy to understand subject not because is hard to understand, but only because American medias are laying and omitting the real truth and frankly, American people by now would not accept it. If you think that only communists were washing peoples brains in Europe and no one washed the brains of Americans, you are wrong again. Over half of my life I spend in US and I see this. The war costs the money and sometimes people are in the wrong place in the wrong time. In this situation I am talking about G. Bush. It would be EXACTLY the same situation, if Clinton happened to be a president in this particular time during the 9/11.
Clinton would do the same what Bush did. So much for complaining on Bush and republicans.

3. A gulf of Mexico filled with oil

Last time I look to this was that Bush and republicans are not at the running kitchen. Obama however plays golf for last two months since accident happened and just a few days ago under the public outcry decided to talk to BP. Obama and democrats are the ones, who refuse the help of other countries to stop this disaster.
----

So much for this concept of "Reps ideas better then Dems"

Really? I don't claim to be a republican, I am an independent simply because I have my own brain and happened to be not washed by special media group.
About effectiveness of an American health care system and "less expensive" other systems there is no comparison. Others don't even match close.

That's a pretty bold assumption to make if the only ones you had experience with are Poland's and the USA's.
I can give more "less expensive" health cares. For 16 months I lived in Austria. Not much different then in Poland. Now I have very close family member who live in Germany and very close family member who live in Canada. From their explanations how their health care runs shows not much different then in Poland and seems the same what democrats want in US. Have you tried any of them personally?
Nope, and this lack of personal experience is the reason why I didn't comment further.

Although so far I had never seen someone compare the US health care system to other developed countries' favorably. Quite the opposite.
"I did had an "opportunity to ENJOY" government run health care system. I know what is it. It is a ticket to the cemetery"l

Poland's poor heath care system does not extend to the rest of the world. How about France? Canada? England? Japan? perhaps any of the OEDC countries?

Look at the data, not your anectodal experiences. There is plenty available like the the fact that the US spends more than of the remaining 29 OEDC countries combined, yet sucks in nearly every quality measure.

You may be an independent - so am I, but you are the one that made the unsupported and unsubstantiated assertion that the "reps have the best ideas"
Poland's poor health care, sure I agree, but Canada? You must be joking. Have you ever met people from there? Canadians are organizing a health care "tours" to the US. Talk to them. I am not talking about broken finger, but something more important.
England maybe is a bit better but, number of hospital beds available and long waiting lists can sometimes be a problem. Private clinics are providing a quick solution.

"You may be an independent - so am I, but you are the one that made the unsupported and unsubstantiated assertion that the "reps have the best ideas"

Please don't put your words into my mouth. You look bad with this. I never said that "reps have the best ideas". I said that reps in general have a better ideas with an exemption of anything in relation about religion.
Canadians are organizing a health care "tours" to the US. Talk to them.

News to me... I know of no Canadians organizing health-care tours to the US, most of us know a good thing when we have it. But when we have the monthly meeting I will bring it up and make sure.

Serious I have seen both systems up close and USAHC sucks unless you have money and lots of it.

I know that I will never go broke for sake of good health.

I know that if I get sick I will receive medical care that is effective.

I know that I will not be refused treatment... no matter what the condition is.

I am very familiar with Canadian health care and I wouldn't trade it for anything but something positively better and I will fight to keep what we have. I don't think you can comment on the Canadian system, since you mostly seem to be getting your inside information from the equivalent of what some guy said in a bar.
I was a flag waving Convervative Republican before I deconverted. Now, I'm a left leaning independent. I was a Con/Rep for the same reason I was a Catholic - I had not examined it. Once examined, my political affiliation dropped just as quickly as my faith.
I am a lefty, but I haven't always been this way.

When I was still under my parents influence, I liked the Conservative (Republican) party here. When I started examining their policies, I stopped supporting it.

Right now I support the most controversial party in this country, which the media hates, which is actually a moderate liberal social-democratic party.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service